STP App wrong entity setup

Hi, I've setup a client of mine with the STP app but unfortunately it looks like I've setup the wrong entity as the trustee company is where the STP declaration have been processed and this entity is now getting IAS to lodge. I need the STP information to be in the trust name where we declare the wages. Can this be fixed without having to setup a new app?

Comments

• nellabella73nellabella73 Member Posts: 1

Can you please help , there seems to be an additional link that won't allow my accountant to get innkeeper as there is an extra name not associated

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,904 Administrator

Hi @kirrily

What is the current (incorrect) ABN that is registered to the STP app account?

Have the balances that have been sent under this incorrect ABN been brought back to zero as yet? If not, my first recommendation is that this needs to occur first before we can make any changes to the account configuration. The reason for this is, the balances that have been sent so far via any submissions will remain on the ATO end unless they are updated back to zero.

I'll link a help guide below which outlines step by step how to amend your balances from the STP app.

• kirrilykirrily Member Posts: 16

Hi @Rav thanks for getting back to me. No I haven't done any reversals, I'll have a go at doing that first. The incorrect ABN in question is 56 131 684 136

Awesome thanks @kirrily, let me know once that is done then I'll ask our devs to step in and look at removing the incorrect ABN from your account.

Cheers

@Rav do I have to reverse each pay run or can I do 1 updated event for each financial year to get the amounts back to zero?

No need to do multiple, just do one for each financial year.

One thing to keep in mind though, if you are doing an Update Event for the previous 2019/20 financial year, then please ensure you date that Update Event as 30 June 2020 or some other date in the previous financial year.

For the Update Event for this financial year, date it with a date in this current FY.

@Rav Ok I think I have done the reversals correctly and they have been approved by the ATO. So I need to remove the trustee company Euro 8 Pty Ltd ABN 56 131 684 136 and add the trading company Elmaz Family Trust ABN 54 380 176 985

Great stuff thanks for doing that @kirrily

I'll ask our devs now to organise the removal of the existing ABN from your account. Its not exactly a quick process to do that but I'll let you know as soon as its completed.

Hi again @kirrily

Ok, this was much faster than I expected but I've just heard back from my team 😄.

Can you please logout of the app if you're still in and then close it in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps.

Once that is done, open it back up and Sign Up for a new account on the app, you can use the same email address/password etc but the key here is that you need to sign up and not login. Go through the normal process of setting up the account but when you get to the ABN selection, ensure that you enter the correct one in.

Let me know how you get on and/or if you have any trouble with setting up the account.

@Rav thankyou so much for your help! I've been able to setup the correct entity :)

however the app asked me to put YTD figures in for the 2 employees which I did (01/07/2020 to now). Do I process the previous pay runs from the incorrect entity so the history is there and it gets registered with the ATO?

Great stuff @kirrily 👍️

If you've entered the YTD's for the employee's to where they are at right now (to date) then you don't need to do anything further. Just start your submissions from the NEXT one you need to do ie. the next pay run. The app will then take the YTD you've entered right now along with the figures from the first submission and send that to the ATO.

One other thing though, you have a new Software ID for this new (correct) ABN so don't forget to register it with the ATO BEFORE you send your first submission so they get accepted successfully.

@Rav you're a legend Rav! Yep onto the ATO now...on hold :(

So pay runs for 2019/2020 I don't need to worry about putting that historical data in?

@Rav what is the Reckon ABN - ATO want to know?

edited November 2020

Reckon ABN is 14 003 348 730

(Writing another reply regarding your 2019/20 balances now)

@Rav So pay runs for 2019/2020 can I enter these for historical data or not necessary?

edited November 2020

Also, sorry I forgot about the balances for 2019/20 that relate to this correct ABN.

Ok for 2019/20 balances now that we've corrected the ABN side of things, yes you do need to take care of these and then send a 2019/20 EOFY finalisation.

You don't need to send through each individual pay submission though, just send through one Update Event with the total balance for the employee(s) for that financial year.

Again, make sure you date the Update Event with a date in the previous financial year eg. 30 June 2020. This time you're going to be adding in a positive balance rather than a negative one when you were zero-ing out the balance under the previous ABN.

Example: Employee John Smith was paid a total of $10,000.00 gross pay, $500.00 tax, $150.00 super for the entirety of the 2019/20 FY which you reported via multiple submissions throughout the previous year. Now however you'll create an Update Event (dated 30 June 2020) for John with the total balance of the FY above so that the ATO receives his total 2019/20 balances under this ABN.

Once you've done that, you need to send an EOFY finalisation for the 2019/20 year from the app. I'll link a step by step guide on that below.

Hopefully all of that above makes sense, but let me know if it doesn't or if you have any questions.

Cheers

Morning @Rav sorry to bother you again but I did an updated event for the 2019/2020 FY and sent it to the ATO but an error came back saying the softeware ID wasn't registered with the ATO, so I rang them to make sure it was and from their end it's all registered. So I reviewed and updated the event and resent but they keep coming back with an error. The ATO seem to think it's a sotware issue. I've done a payrun for the 2019/2020 FY and it has gone thru to the ATO correctly but now I cannot do an end of year report, when I go to create a new one it picks up the payrun and the update event figures - so in effect doubling up on the figures. Can your software team delete these events in error for me as only the one in green "done" has gone thru to the ATO.

@Rav just checked the 2 employee's prefill reports and it says they both have wages of $36,000 each when it should be $18,000 each.

Hey @kirrily, good to hear from you again.

Ok, lets tackle this one bit at a time.

Firstly, when you registered the new (correct) ABN after the previous one was removed from your account it had a new Software ID associated to it. You called the ATO at that point to register the new ID with them right?

Your screenshot looks a bit strange in the sense that, the submissions sent on the 1st and the 2nd have all come back with an error but the one on the 3rd has gone through successfully.

<snip> ...but an error came back saying the software ID wasn't registered with the ATO, so I rang them to make sure it was and from their end it's all registered.

Is the error response for ALL of those erroneous submissions referring to the Software ID? Was your follow up call to the ATO to enquire about the Software ID on the 3rd? The reason I ask is, we've had cases where an incorrect Software ID has been registered on their end ie. a digit may have been misheard or mistyped and it may have been corrected at that point. Not saying that's what has happened here but just one possibility that we've come across in the past.

Now if my thinking is right, since your submission on the 3rd has gone through successfully it seems like the Software ID end of things has cleared up (somehow) so we need to get your balances that are showing in the app right. Don't concern yourself too much about what is showing on the ATO end just yet because when you do the 2019/20 EOFY finalisation report, it will overwrite what the ATO has at the moment.

You'll need to do an Update Event again (dated in the previous financial year ie. 30 June 2020) for the employees who are showing an incorrect total balance in the app. If they balance they should be at in reality is $18,000 but the app is showing $36,000 then the update event you create for the employee(s) will be -$18,000. Be sure to check their Super & Tax as well.

Can your software team delete these events in error for me as only the one in green "done" has gone thru to the ATO.

Unfortunately, we can't remove submissions that have been sent to the ATO, even if they returned an error. We're required to retain them so the ones in an Error status will remain as they are in your list.

Sorry I know there's a fair bit of info there but hopefully it all makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

@Rav Yes all those erroneous submissions on the 1st & 2nd of December are to do with incorrect software ID, which is why I rang the ATO to double check from their end.

However, I believe the app and the ATO are now communicating correctly as as the pay run I completed today (03/12) has been successful. Therefore no reason to call the ATO re: this one.

Ok, so need to do a negative updated event to correct balances, which I did think of but just thought you could delete those ones in red. I'll try that and see how I go

@Rav oh my goodness it has all gone thru the ATO correctly now! What a relief! Thankyou for your help Rav greatly appreciate it and responses being so quick

Good stuff! Glad its all sorted 👍️😊