Branch Number change required - STP app

SystemSystem Member Posts: 5 Administrator
This discussion was created from comments split from: GST Branch Code - Urgent update request.

Comments

• greghunt1969greghunt1969 Member Posts: 4

Dear STP App Team,

Can you please update the GST branch code for me as a matter of urgency.

ABN: 21 639 203 660

New GST branch code: 2

Current GST branch code: 1

Account email address: [email protected]

The instructions in the App ask the user to send an email to [email protected] if they need a change to their GST branch code. However, the email I sent to this address has remained unanswered. I contacted Reckon on the phone today and they advised that they could not assist over the phone and directed me to this forum.

Could this please be updated as a matter of urgency as the ATO have sent me a letter requesting this to be updated.

Kind Regards, Greg

PS. As I have scrolled through a lot of posts this seems to be a common occurrence that no one has responded through the email communication that is listed on the app.

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,894 Administrator

Hi @greghunt1969

I'm sorry to hear the team have not got back to your email for this. Happy to follow up on it.

The first thing I need to check with you though is, have you brought the balances back to zero for the existing submissions sent under this incorrect branch number? I can see there have been 4 submissions sent to the ATO. Have they been successfully accepted?

If they have there is a balance associated with it which needs to be brought back to zero before any branch change can occur. To do so, you need to create an Update Event in the app. I'll link some info on this below -

Hi Rav,

I have sent the submissions through to the ATO and they have been approved.

I have checked the allowances and deductions are at zero. I had one error and I tried to update it sent it through but this has added another pay run that should not be correct. Is there a way that these can be deleted?

kind regards

Greg

Thanks for getting back to me Greg.

I have checked the allowances and deductions are at zero. I had one error and I tried to update it sent it through but this has added another pay run that should not be correct. Is there a way that these can be deleted?

Just to clarify the above, are there any balances appearing for gross pay, super or tax for any employee from those sent submissions?

If so, they need to be brought back to zero via an Update Event. Any submissions that have already been sent to the ATO cannot be deleted unfortunately.

Example - Employee John Smith

Let's say you have sent two submissions for John totalling $1000.00 gross pay, 300.00 tax and $50.00 super. The submissions have been successful and you can see this balance appearing in the Pay Summary section in the app for John.

You need to create an Update Event for -$1000.00 gross pay, -$300.00 tax and -$50.00 super for John and send it through.

This will bring his balances back to zero.

Once that is done I can ask our devs for the process on changing your branch number.

Hi Rav,

Do you have a contact number that I can call you on to discuss this further?

Kind regards

Greg

Hi Rav,

Can you please confirm my GST branch number?

Hi Greg,

ABN 21 639 203 660 is currently registered with GST branch 1 in your STP app account.

As for what is should be in reality, that's not something I can advise sorry as its info the owner of the entity will know. You've mentioned in your opening post that it should be branch 2. Is that correct?