STP App

Rusty99Rusty99 Member Posts: 3

Logged on to STP (android) mobile app, but could not get beyond two factor authentication to verify identity, no SMS code received. Tried closing the app & restarting my Phone, but just keeps going strait into two factor authentication screen and no SMS code received to go any further. Has been working fine until this morning, when attempting new pay run.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,861 Administrator

Hi @Rusty99

If this is still occurring for you can you please try the following -

Close the STP app in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps

Go into your phone settings - Settings ➡️ Apps ➡️ Reckon STP ➡️ Storage ➡️ Clear Data

Once that is done, open the app back up and login. Hopefully that resolves it but let me know how you get on.

• Rusty99Rusty99 Member Posts: 3

Hi Rav

Closed the STP App (V1.13.5) and clear data as suggested, but no joy, still not getting six digit code sent to my mobile.

Tried uninstalling & reinstalling App from play store, but same thing, not getting past two-factor authentication, no code received.

Hmm that's odd. So you were receiving the codes fine to your current phone number previously correct?

Have there been any changes to your phone number/SIM etc since the last time you were able to receive the MFA code? I know this is a bit silly to ask but, do you have sufficient coverage in your area? You've tried switching your phone off for a couple of minutes at least and then turning it back on? Usually that forces your device to poll the network again.

• Rusty99Rusty99 Member Posts: 3

I have not been receiving messages on my phone for about a week!

They all came through last night, including all STP two factor authentication numbers.

So problem is my phone or provider.

Thanks for your help Rav, as previously stated, I have had no issue with the STP App since downloading over 12 months ago, more than happy to give it 5 stars.

Strange one but glad to hear they came through eventually.

Sing out if you have any further trouble.

Cheers