Set up wrong company

aaroncaaronc Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I set up the wrong company when creating my account on the stp app. How do I go about removing it?

Thanks.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 9,894 Administrator

Hi @aaronc

What is the current (incorrect) ABN that you have registered to your STP app account?

Have there been any submissions sent to the ATO for it as yet?

If there have been no submissions, then I'll be able to delete it from your account outright.

• aaroncaaronc Member Posts: 3

ABN is 35119346575.

There has been no submissions.

Thanks.

Thanks for that @aaronc

Log out of your STP app account now (Settings ➡️ Logout) and then close the app in full ie. swipe it away from your running apps.

Wait a couple of minutes before logging back in. Upon doing so, the app will prompt you to register an ABN to it again and you can enter your correct ABN and go through setup etc.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

• aaroncaaronc Member Posts: 3

Hi Rav,

All went well.

The company I am trying to assign to my account was connected to an old employee's account. What is the best way to transfer the company across if we do not know the password for that account.

Thanks.

It makes it a bit tricky. Do you have access to the email address associated to that account? If so, you could do a password reset to the account. You would however also need access to the phone number that receives the Multi-Factor Authentication code upon logging in.

If the above isn't feasible, then we can make some changes to the account access on our end however before doing so it will require a signed & stamped statutory declaration as its a security requirement. If you're able to organise that, send it through to me with the details of the ABN and account in an email to [email protected]

Include the link to this conversation in the email as well.