Error Code 7080

Options

Hi. I'm using Quicken Home & Business 2010 for my home use, and have used Quicken since 2000 or thereabouts. We don't own a business but I have loved keeping my finances in order. As of recently an error code 7080 has appeared on my screen and I can't open my Quicken account. I've spoke to several people at the help desk, and in my latest conversation, I understood that I have to get onto the online Quicken community for advice. Looking forward to hearing from anyone regarding the next step in my getting back into Quicken. Thanks, Lorraine

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @LFichera

Does this error appear on launch of the software or when performing a certain action eg. backing up etc

Have there been any changes to your PC and/or operating environment recently? eg. Windows OS updates, new installs etc?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• LFichera
    LFichera Member Posts: 4
    Options

Laptop old as usual, operating on Windows 7, no upgrades. Was advised by Reckon to upgrade to Windows 10 in order to be able to install update, haven't as yet. Error appears on launch of software, so I can't perform any action.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Try to rename your file to something shorter than 8 characters in length.

Failing that, you may need to perform a clean uninstall & reinstall of the software. I'll link a guide with step by step instructions below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.