$1200 Victorian Government rebate with approved Reckon software solutions. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Employee End of Financial Year discrepancy

Hi, when I entered the final pay run for last financial year, one of my employees has not had the correct information sent to the ATO.

When I created the employee profile, I entered the Initial YTD Gross Pay. They then worked another 5 months or so before the end of financial year. I have made weekly entries in STP for each employee and it all looks ok.

When I have entered the last pay run for that financial year, it seems only the initial YTD Gross Pay has been sent to the ATO as their yearly wage.

Now, looking at the details for this employee, it states "Gross Pay..." then "+Initial YTD Gross Pay" and "Total Gross Pay". Same with the tax section. It seems only the "Initial" amount has been sent to the ATO.

Is there something I need to do to correct this? I have 4 other employees and their data is all correct.

Thanks,

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,098 Administrator

What does the 2019/20 End of Financial Year report show for this particular employee in the app?

Does the EOFY report that you submitted (that this employee was part of) contain the correct balances for them?

• CamdenValleyMeatsCamdenValleyMeats Member Posts: 3

Hi Rav,

On the Pay Summary page, it has the correct totals for Gross pay and tax withheld, and also Super.

But when I click on the details button at the bottom, and then view the details page, it shows "Gross Pay" , "+ Initial YTD Gross Pay" then a total, which is the correct total.

According to my employee, the amount gone through to the ATO (and his MyGov account) is the "Initial Gross Pay" only. He has sent me screen shots of this so I know the incorrect amount has been processed.

I just am not sure on how to fix it.

Thanks,

• CamdenValleyMeatsCamdenValleyMeats Member Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm still trying to resolve this issue, and so far cannot find any answers.

Are you able to offer any assistance, or let me know if there is another source of information I can use to sort this out?

Thanks,

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,098 Administrator

Hi @CamdenValleyMeats, apologies for missing your earlier reply.

According to my employee, the amount gone through to the ATO (and his MyGov account) is the "Initial Gross Pay" only. He has sent me screen shots of this so I know the incorrect amount has been processed.

What your employee has described sounds rather strange. Can you confirm that the TFN that you listed in the employee details in the app is the same/correct TFN for the employee in reality.

If everything is matching up in that regard, then my recommendation would be to send through a new EOFY finalisation for this employee. The reason I say that is, an EOFY finalisation once accepted by the ATO, goes through and overwrites and any all previous balances that the ATO have on their end. So, IF the balances in your app are CORRECT for this employee for the 2019/20 financial year then send through a new 2019/20 EOFY finalisation report that includes them.

The crucial aspect is to confirm the 2019/20 balances for the employee in the app are correct (which you've mentioned they are) prior to sending through the new EOFY finalisation.

Hopefully that makes sense, but let me know how you get on.