$1200 Victorian Government rebate with approved Reckon software solutions. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

super ato

Hi, PLEASE HELP! I use Reckon one to submit ATO. the superannuation both company amount together with employees salary sacrifice. Now I believe it should only be the company amount. Is this correct? If so how do correct last 20 months worth of super figures?????

Comments

• hjones63hjones63 Member Posts: 9

It is Reckon STP not Reckon one.

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,097 Administrator

Hi @hjones63

To clarify, do you use Reckon One as you've mentioned in your opening post OR do you use the free STP app which this post has been created under? (They are two completely different software so just need to confirm first).

free STP app, thank you

So can I amend the financial year 2019-2020 final submission summary to ATO???

To make any amendments to your employee balances, you can do so by creating and sending an Update Event in the app.

To amend balances in the previous financial year, you'll need to enter a date in the previous financial year for your Update Event eg. 30 June 2020. Once you have corrected the balances for the previous financial year, you'll then need to send through a new End of Financial Year finalisation report.

I'll link two guides below which go through the Update Events and End of Financial Year finalisation step by step -

Thank you. So I will have to amend all 20 months of data?

You only need to create one Update Event that will amend the full 2019/20 year.

If you need to make amendments to the current 2020/21 financial year then you will need to create a separate Update Event for that.

Rav, So please confirm that the super numbers supplied to the ATO via the free STP app is just the compulsory company super not any salary sacrifice?

Thank you.

• Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 352

ATO accepts any super amount submitted from the free app. Super amount can be greater or smaller than the guarantee amount.

Hi Joseph, I have been told I should have just submitted the company 9.5% compulsory component. Is that correct?????

The super amount should be the actual employer contribution amount. STP is about reporting actual amounts to the ATO.

Okay, so just the 9.5%.

Thank you!

Super Funds also report contributions received. This means ATO is able to cross check.

Hi Joseph, Thanks so much. I have now completed via numerous update events.

THANK YOU!