$1200 Victorian Government rebate with approved Reckon software solutions. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Activation of previous versions

Does anyone know how to activate older versions of reckon quickbooks programs, or how to disable the activation process. I have clients using Quick books premier 2010-2011 version on Windows 7 computers. They have purchased new Windows 10 computers. I have been able to install the old program onto Windows 10 by installing it in "compatibility mode for Windows 7". Program works fine and I restored the backup copy onto the new computer and everything works fine. However, it won't let me enter new data until the program is activated. I called reckon and they said they won't give me the activation key code for programs before 2016. I feel this is grossly unfair to my clients who have already purchased the product and are now unable to use it. My clients don't want to upgrade to latest version - they don't need STP or other features. They just want to be able to use the software they have already paid for ! Reckon's response was "they will just have to upgrade and pay for the latest version". Is there a work around or a way to by-pass the activation screen for older Quickbooks versions?

Comments

• Kris_WilliamsKris_Williams Member Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

I don’t believe there is but I agree there should be, I totally empathise

• Gerry WinterGerry Winter Accredited Partner Posts: 403 ✭✭✭

Most companies now use the subscription model, if your clients are interested i can do a special price.

Gerry 0418907140

[email protected]