Employee gross of ATO and Reckon dont match

in 18/19 Gross payments via Reckon $18,300

in 19/20 Gross payments via Reckon $18,300

In 20/21 (to date) Gross payments via Reckon $4,990

Currently lodging 19/20 Tax Returns and the ATO prefilled Gross payments amounts for the individuals add up to $41,150 (which is the total of the 3 years combined!!)

ATO say they cant help.

Comments

• BrightnightBrightnight Member Posts: 4

make that $41,150 which is very similar to the total of the 3 years combined

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,278 Community Manager

Hi @Brightnight

Can I just confirm, are you using the free STP app (which is post has been created under) or a different Reckon software?

If its the free STP app, which version are you running? You'll find the version number on the login page OR the Settings screen when logged into the app.

Free Stp (2 employees only)

Version 1.13.5

Great thanks @Brightnight

Ok, my first suggestion is to open a new 2019/20 EOFY Finalisation report in the app and review the breakdown for each employee. Something to keep in mind is, the Pay Summary section shows an accumulated total of all submissions regardless of their status ie. Success, Error, Pending AND any YTD pay balance that was entered for the employee when they were first set up. It does not show a 'live' figure of what the ATO has on their end.

Here's what I'd recommend,

Tap on the EOFY Report 2019/20 option and go through the employee balances shown on-screen to verify they are correct.

If they aren't correct (which you're already confirmed they aren't), then you need to go out of there and create an Update Event in the app for each required employee and make their figures correct.

Ensure that your Update Event is dated in the previous financial year, you can use 30 June 2020.

For example, if you see Employee A's Pay Summary figure as $40,000.00 gross pay whereas in reality it should be $35,000.00 then the Update Event you create for Employee A will be -$5000.00 gross pay.

There is more information on how to use an Update Event to correct balances in the app here -

Basically, what you need to do is ensure that the figures you see for each employee in the EOFY Finalisation Report is correct and reflect what it should be in reality.

The reason I say this is, when you send through the EOFY Finalisation Report the figures you see in the report will go through and overwrite the current figures that the ATO have. This way you know that the numbers are right, provided that you've corrected them by performing the necessary amendments.

I'll also link our detailed step by step guide for End of Financial Year finalisation in the STP app below -

Thanks Rav.

I didn't really expect much service for a free app user but I was wrong about that. Appreciated.

I will follow the procedures.

Thanks again.

No worries, let me know how you get on.

Cheers