The financial year report

Hello

My 19/20 financial year report has a different gross pay data between the reckon STP and my own. Please give advise how does the APP work out the figures. I have check each week and my bank transfer those numbers are matching but not the STP.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,278 Community Manager

Hi @tika2047

The Pay Summary balance that you see in the app is not a 'live' balance that is sitting with the ATO. Instead the Pay Summary shows the balance of ALL submissions sent ie. Success, Pending, Error + any YTD balance that was entered for the employee when they were first created in the app.

If you're looking to send through your 2019/20 EOFY finalisation but need to make amendments to the Pay Summary balance in the app first, you can do so by sending an Update Event in the app. I'll link a step by step guide on this below -

Just a reminder in conjunction with the above, if you need to amend any balances in the previous financial year ie. 2019/20 you must date your Update Event with a date that falls in that financial year ie. you can use 30 June 2020 for example.

• tika2047tika2047 Member Posts: 1

How to make a update event? If the the financial year report has been submitted can we change it again?

• tika2047tika2047 Member Posts: 1

I have reported 10 employees 19/20 financial year. 8 of them has different data. The total difference is $18157. How can I correct it?

Hi @tika2047

The firs thing is to make sure you on the latest version of the STP app, currently v1.13.5. Check your app store for any updates that are available for you to download if you're on an older version.

If you're on v1.13.5 already then follow the instructions in the guide I've linked above to create and send an Update Event.

Once you have sent the Update Event and the balances are correct for all employees in the app for the 2019/20 financial year then you can send through another NEW 2019/20 end of financial year finalisation from the app which will then overwrite the previous balances with the ATO.