Can't tag final pay event for 19/20

As I understand it, I should be able to 'tick' a pay run as final pay event (on the 'declaration' screen, correct?). So I created a pay (for $0.01 on 24 June 2020), but there is no option provided. Two possible reasons are:

(1) I left it too late

(2) There is a strange 'Pending' event in my list of pay runs that prevents it. Strange because ATO has processed it according to the Business Portal, but STP still has it as 'Pending'. I created a new update event for the same day event but the problem persisted.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,278 Community Manager

Hi @simtre

The final pay event 'tick box' option was the old way of submitting the last pay submission for the financial year. This was replaced with more detailed and informative method of submitting the EOFY finalisation last year.

The first thing I'd recommend you do is ensure you are on the latest version of the app, currently v1.13.5. Check your app store for any available updates if you're on an older version.

Once you've done that, and you're ready to send an EOFY finalisation for the 2019/20 financial year then just follow the steps outlined in the help guide below -

• Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 362 ✭✭

The final pay event option had been replaced by submitting a EOFY report from the App.

• simtresimtre Member Posts: 2

Thanks. I am on v1.13.5 and I had run the EOF report, but the amounts were crazy, they do not match the pays at all. So what do you do when the end of year report does not match the actual pay runs?

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,278 Community Manager

Ok, my first suggestion is to open a new 2019/20 EOFY Finalisation report in the app and review the breakdown for each employee. Something to keep in mind is, the Pay Summary section shows an accumulated total of all submissions regardless of their status ie. Success, Error, Pending etc AND any YTD pay balance that was entered for the employee when they were first set up. It does not show a 'live' figure of what the ATO has on their end.

Here's what I'd recommend,

Tap on the EOFY Report 2019/20 option and go through the employee balances shown on-screen to verify they are correct.

If they aren't correct (which you're already confirmed they aren't), then you need to go out of there and create an Update Event in the app for each required employee and make their figures correct.

To update balances in the 2019/20 financial year, ensure that your Update Event is dated in that financial year ie. you can use 30 June 2020.

For example, if you see Employee A's Pay Summary figure as $40,000.00 gross pay whereas in reality it should be $35,000.00 then the Update Event you create for Employee A will be -$5000.00 gross pay.

There is more information on how to use an Update Event to correct balances in the app here -

Basically, what you need to do is ensure that the figures you see for each employee in the EOFY Finalisation Report is correct and reflect what it should be in reality.

The reason I say this is, when you send through the EOFY Finalisation Report the figures you see in the report will go through and overwrite the current figures that the ATO have. This way you know that the numbers are right, provided that you've corrected them by performing the necessary amendments.

I'll also link our detailed step by step guide for End of Financial Year finalisation in the STP app below -