Reckon Customer Portal - change Branch number

Hi

I'm sure it has been discussed before, but I have a client who has set up the Reckon Gov Connect and put in the wrong ATO Branch number - how can this be changed so they are able to upload the STP reports.

Heather

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,278 Community Manager

Hi @HeatherP

Has your client sent through any STP submissions under the incorrect branch number?

What is the ABN and incorrect branch number that has been registered in GovConnect?

• HeatherPHeatherP Member Posts: 4

Hi Rav

No not as yet. The ABN number is 91263036836 and the incorrect branch number is 1, but it should be 002

Can you fix it?

Thanks for getting back to me Heather.

I've had a look at that ABN and need you to clarify a couple of things for me.

The ABN + branch 1 has been registered in GovConnect (with submission sent to the ATO) in GovConnect.

It has also been registered with branch 1 in the free STP app (no submissions sent to the ATO.

The first question is, which software is your client using? The free STP app on their phone OR a full fledged Reckon software such as Reckon Accounts, Hosted, Reckon One etc + GovConnect to send their STP submissions?

I can't delete any ABN's that have been registered and a submission sent to the ATO. We're required to retain them. If your client is using GovConnect they can create a new STP entity in the same account and register the ABN with branch 2.

If they are using the STP app, then I can delete the ABN because there have been no submission sent to the ATO from it.

Let me know how you'd like to proceed 😊

Thanks for your prompt response.

The client is having the payroll processed on Payroll Premier and using the Reckon Customer Portal to upload the STP report. The initially intended to use the STP app, but that got too hard and passed it over to us.

How do you create another STP entity in the same Reckon GovConnect account as this is what they will need to do.

Right ok, that makes sense. Thanks @HeatherP

To create a new STP entity under the same account, they just need to be logged in to that specific account and then click on 'Add Product' in the top right corner and select 'Reckon GovConnect'. Screenshot below.

You'll then be taken through the steps to create a new STP entity where you'll be able to register it with the correct branch.

edited February 26

Since there have been no submissions sent using it, would you like me to delete the free STP app registration for this ABN?

Yes that would be great to delete the STP app registration just so nobody gets confused. Thank you

No problem. That is done now as well.

Cheers 🙂