Incorrect payment summary 2018-19

Hi Team,

I have one employee (we only had one employee...) whose payment summary is much more than the actual payment because 'declined' transaction on the free version of STP application was actually went through the ATO, so ATO processed 2 updated events.

Found the below article and followed it, however, I am not able to submit an update event.

https://help.reckon.com/article/521i391t47-stp-app-updating-totals-with-an-update-event

The issue is the wrong amount is 2018-19 financial year (ATO just sent a letter to an employee demanding to re-submit his tax return).

I can copy update event as of 24/06/2019, however the system keeps saying to me 'YTD total can't be negative', and doesn't save negative figures. I think it is because the system doesn't have 2018-19 Pay Summary anymore?

If you could help me out or if you could confirm all we can do is to submit paper document to ATO (cannot submit update event by free STP application for 18-19 financial year (because ATO doesn't allow me to do until you confirm), I'd really appreciated it.

Kind regards,

Akiko

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,230 Community Manager

Hi Akiko

I don't believe you can go back further than the previously completed financial year within the app itself ie. 2019/20 currently. I'll get some confirmation on that from our app devs.

Did you report any submissions for the 2018/19 financial year from the STP app?

• Akiko SakabeAkiko Sakabe Member Posts: 6

Thank you, Rav, for your reply.

Yes, I submitted one normal pay and final update event from STP app. That's why, ATO insists that I have to update figures by STP app. If I got confirmation that it is not allowed from software provider (which is you), they said they will go through manual process somehow...

Thank you for your help and looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Akiko

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,230 Community Manager

I have one employee (we only had one employee...) whose payment summary is much more than the actual payment because 'declined' transaction on the free version of STP application was actually went through the ATO, so ATO processed 2 updated events.

Hi @Akiko Sakabe

Just want to rewind this a little so I understand this a bit better.

For the submission in the 2018/19 financial year that was declined, what was the reason for the rejection? If you go into the submission and click the 'Review' button there should be a full error response from the ATO for that particular submission. After that submission was declined you then sent an Update Event rather than another new submission, is that correct?

• Akiko SakabeAkiko Sakabe Member Posts: 6

Hi Rav,

I am not 100% sure, but error message says 'We were unable to process your submission because you have not reported using Single Touch Payroll for that financial year' on the submission of 10/07/2019. However 19/07/2019 submission was successful. Yes, I submit update event, not new payment.

Also I just found out that it does allow me to submit 'update event' for 2018-19 up to certain negative amount. For example, I am able to submit -$5000 gross, $-300 super. However it doesn't allow me to put -$11790 gross, -$760.95 (which is what I need to adjust). It will bring up error message 'YTD total can't be negavie. Please check and update your update event amount'.

Thanks,

Akiko