Are you an STP app user? Check out our IMPORTANT announcement CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

IMPORTANT NEWS FOR STP APP USERS: Introducing the Free Basic Plan for the Reckon Payroll App!

RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,597 Community Manager
edited June 1 in Single Touch Payroll App

Hi everyone,

We're really excited to let you in on some big changes coming soon to our free Single Touch Payroll app!

We will soon be introducing a FREE basic plan for the Reckon Payroll app which our STP app users will move over to! It will include everything you love about the STP app but at the same time introduce so much more features and functionality for you to utilise. Best of all, you can migrate your existing STP app data over to the new Payroll App!

The free basic Payroll App plan will allow you to perform actual payroll functions including unlimited employees, pay runs, calculate super and PAYG obligations, access to the Reckon Mate companion app and of course Single Touch Payroll submissions.

The free STP app was a simple STP reporting tool for micro-businesses, and the transition to the new Payroll App will give you a lot more functionality to manage your payroll activities.

Important things to know..

What is happening to the free STP app?

The free STP app will be retired from 1 July 2021 and you will not be able to create any new STP submissions for the 2021/22 financial year in the STP app. You can continue to create any STP submissions for the current 2020/21 financial year along with finalising your 2020/21 EOFY in the STP app.

What do I need to do?

To continue creating STP submissions for the 2021/22 financial year, you'll need to migrate over to the Reckon Payroll App. Its super easy to do, just download it from your respective app store linked below and sign in with your existing STP app login credentials. You'll be able to migrate your existing data to the new Payroll App directly from there.

Do I have to pay for the Payroll App?

The Reckon Payroll App will have two plan options; Premium and Free. We're currently busy finalising the free plan which will be available shortly and you're more than welcome to stay on the free option for as long as you like. If you're looking to supercharge your experience with more features and functionality you can upgrade to the Premium plan for $9.99 per month which is available now. The Premium plan includes mobile and web access so you can access your account from the mobile app or a PC, email payslips, track leave, reporting, emailing, free access to Reckon Mate our employee companion app, free telephone support and much more!

Questions?

Check out our STP App FAQ guide below or post a question below.

There are a lot more updates and information to follow so stay tuned!

Download the Payroll App today!

Google Play

Apple App Store

Comments

• Pam BrazierPam Brazier Member Posts: 13

I just downloaded the new app but option for the free Basic plan is not there. Can you advise when it will be available?

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,597 Community Manager

Hi @Pam Brazier 😊

Awesome to hear you've grabbed the Payroll App already 🙂. Our devs are putting the finishing touches on the free basic plan as we speak and we're looking to roll it out in a couple of weeks.

More info and updates on this to follow right here so stay tuned 🙂

• Kylie HoughKylie Hough Member Posts: 13

I have three employees who barely work five hours a week and it won’t let me calculate their super which I do each week. What do I do? Or isn’t the app ready for this yet?

Hi @Kylie Hough

Are you using the free STP app currently? If so, the Payroll App will calculate super and PAYG obligations for you if that's what you need. The free basic plan for the Payroll App will be available very soon and I'll announce it to the Community here as soon as its ready.

• BrianMBrianM Member Posts: 1

I want to migrate my data from the STP app to the Payroll app. The option to migrate my data does not come up when I log into the Payroll app. Is there a work around?

Hi @BrianM

I can take a look at this. Can you please let me know the ABN that you have registered to your STP app and want to migrate to the Payroll App.

• Susan CooperSusan Cooper Member Posts: 2

Hello,

I've downloaded the new payroll app for my iPhone, but after logging in, the app started data migration from the STP app but then stalled. The app now does not work. I've tried deleting and re-installing but can't get past login.

Help please!

Thanks, Susan

• RayRay Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2

I have been using the STP app for some time now, free of charge. 

All of a sudden I'm told STP will no longer be an app I can use. I am told to download the Reckon app and begin using it.

The message clearly states the Reckon app will be a free service, just as STP was. However, when I download the Reckon app it says I have 3 free pay runs and then have to subscribe for $9.99 monthly. 

Which is it? A free app as STP was or do I have to pay?

Secondly, the new Reckon app isn't letting me edit information and save it. I enter data, click save but when I go back the data is gone. Not to mention trying to enter birthdates etc. I had to go back to 1963 because it wouldn't just simply let me enter a date.

I have 1 employee yet when I migrated my STP information to the Reckon app it was all over the place. I now have that 1 employee entered twice with their information spread out over the both of them and I cannot merge or delete 1.

It seems this app is a little dysfunctional. Hopefully these issues will resolve themselves prior to my next pay run and EOFY reconciliations.

Ps. I am using this STP app and now new Reckon app on my Samsung Galaxy S10+

Hi Susan,

Sorry to hear you had some trouble with the migration. To clarify, is it the Payroll App that isn't allowing you to login after you attempted migration? If so, what is happening when you attempt to login ie. are you encountering an error message or anything else?

Also, when the migration was happening what was happening on-screen? Did it just freeze after you initiated the migration?

Hi Ray,

Our teams are putting the finishing touches on the free plan for the Payroll App right now as mentioned in my announcement in the first post above. All going well, it'll be rolled out next week and you'll be able to switch over to it straight away if you want to stick with the free option.

In terms of the issues you've come across after migration, I'd like to take a closer look into that. Are you able to send me a screenshot via Private Message of the employee data that has been brought into the Payroll App that doesn't look right along with what is listed in your STP app for the same employee.

• Susan CooperSusan Cooper Member Posts: 2

HI Rav,

Yes, it's the Payroll App that won't open. When I first downloaded the Payroll App I got as far as initiating data migration and then the App froze. I have since deleted the App twice and re-installed. On each re-install, I can enter my login details, I get a six digit authorisation code and then the app stalls with a wheel in the centre of the sceen that keeps turning. I have tried leaving the App open on my phone for considerable periods but still nothing.

Help please. Thanks, Susan

• Michael SMichael S Member Posts: 3

I tied the paid app a couple of months ago. But had to delete it as you cannot override the PAYG tax. Will we be allowed to enter a manual PAYG amount like the old STP app? In the old app we entered Gross, Tax and Super - all manual figures. I need these to be available without the system calculating them for me, i.e. switch auto calc off or allow over-typing. This is to pay extra PAYG tax. I called support and was advised this option is not available.

Please let me know, as if not I will need to look at another payroll app. I was even happy to pay the $10 a month.

• Phil NesbittPhil Nesbitt Member Posts: 12

When I logged in to the new app I only see data up to June 2020. I remember I reviewed this app previously but decided to stick with the STP version. How do I update the data in the new app to include everything from the STP app????

• AdvansysAdvansys Member Posts: 2

Hi,

My Google account is set to USA due to it being set years ago during travels. I cannot change it due to legacy dependencies.

The new payroll app is available for download in ANZ only. Is there another way I can download and install?

Thanks for your help.

• frankfrank Member Posts: 13

Thanks Rav for the update and your reliability over past years. Looking forward to details of new free basic version. Migration completed without a hitch I can see

Best - Frank

Hi @Susan Cooper

I've flicked through a PM to you to get a bit more info so I can take a closer look. Take a look when you can.

Hi @Michael S

I've checked in with the devs and while manually editing tax on a payrun isn't available yet, the devs have advised me that its targeted for inclusion before EOFY.

Hi @Phil Nesbitt

If you've previously trialed the Payroll App then unfortunately the migration option won't be offered. In this instance, my recommendation would be to stick with the free STP app and close out the current financial year. Once that is done, you can start fresh on the Payroll App from the new FY moving forward.

Hi @Advansys

The Payroll App is only available in the AU app stores for both Android and iOS.

Thanks Frank! 😊 Glad to hear you're all migrated successfully. Lots more info to come very soon regarding the free basic plan so stay tuned. Should be ready to go mid next week all going well.

• ljp_peoljp_peo Member Posts: 3

I am not able to download the app as it is claiming a requirement for iOS 13.

Please advise how to get around this...I have an iphone 6 and do not plan to upgrade soon.

thank you

• DavidFRCDavidFRC Member Posts: 4

I have the same problem. My iPhone 6 is using the latest version of iOS, being iOS 12.5.3

Help!

Hi @ljp_peo and @DavidFRC

I've checked in with our devs in regard to this one. Unfortunately, due to Apple requirements on biometric functionality a minimum requirement of iOS13.1 is required for the Payroll App to function.

Just thinking of some workarounds.. I know this isn't exactly convenient but do you have an Android device on hand that you might be able to use instead just for the migration? (Android 5.0 minimum).

The reason I ask is, if you could migrate using a compatible device AND if you use the Premium plan on the Payroll App ($9.99/month) it includes web access so you could use it on your computer exclusively instead rather than on an incompatible iPhone.

Hi Rav.

Thanks for following up so promptly, but this is not good news.

Why can't Reckon just let the old app continue to be used? What's changed?

I have no access to an Android phone (for your workaround), which means that I now have 3 weeks to find a replacement, all through no fault of my own. If this is meant to be an 'improvement', it is not! Not happy!

But, again, thanks for your prompt service.

Regards

David

• ljp_peoljp_peo Member Posts: 3

Hi Rav

That is unfortunate. Not sure what you mean by biometric as the iphone 6 has fingerprint scan capability. This sounds like a scam to force people to upgrade their phones.

I do not have an android phone and for that price I will now have to shop around for an alternate service.

thank you

LJP

edited June 7

@ljp_peo its not a scam in any sense from us.

Have a look at this info directly from Apple -

Thanks Rav. My question is simple: why is Face ID required? Surely that's a design decision by Reckon, not a requirement by Apple? Seems no one has thought about compatibility with a very popular model of iPhones. :-( Regards. David

• Kylie HoughKylie Hough Member Posts: 13

Oh Rav! Why fix what isn't broken? This just makes life so much more stressful at EOFY. Boo

• swakhlu01 .swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 27

I had left a comment on data migration between STP and current Payroll App but somehow this has been deleted. Not sure how and by who. I want to report 2020-21 salary sacrifice superannuation for an employee. However, there does not seem to be any facility to migrate data across. I had trialled the Payroll App in June 2021 but as it seemed unreliable at that time I continued using STP since.

How do I migrate the STP YTD payruns for 2020-21 into Payroll so that I can create a payrun for June 2021 with employee super salary sacrifice contribution included. Also need to run 2021 ATO YTD report in early July.

• KippaxKippax Member Posts: 1

What I do is this: I lodge a manual payg payment summary just for the reportable superannuation component .

Hey @DavidFRC, I can't say that I'm an app developer so I can't confirm one way or another but I'll speak to our guys internally and see if I can get more info on how these functions are built and go through Apple's approval process.

Can definitely understand where you're coming from @Kylie Hough. The free STP app was a great little tool and our first dip into the ATO's low cost/no cost micro-business STP initiative which we are incredibly proud of.

Now with that being said, there were certain aspects of the STP app that it didn't do very well, specifically how it tracked employee balances in the Pay Summary section which caused a fair bit of confusion once EOFY rolled around. If you scroll back to around this time last year on the Community, you'll see a LOT of conversations, confusion and in some cases frustration around this topic.

With the migration to the Payroll App, it will sit on a different technology framework which is more in line with 'fuller' payroll services such Reckon One, and actually provide proper payroll-centric functionality rather than just a 'submission form' so to speak that is the STP app. Its also been expanded from the micro-business requirement of 1-4 employees and instead provides unlimited employee usage.

To sum up though, we're pretty excited to have our STP app users move over to the Payroll App. We definitely recognise there might be some teething issues and a period of time where folks may need to get used to the new App. We have resources in the works right now to make that as simple as possible along with support right here as well 😊

Your comment wasn't deleted. Rather it was split into its own discussion here which I responded to as it sounded like we needed to have a more in-depth conversation around your particular circumstances. Just a note, you can track all your conversations and comments in your Community profile in case you're not able to find it immediately.

• TinaTina Member Posts: 4

We have an agreement with our employees to pay super disregarding the $450 monthly threshhold how do i represent this super in the new app ?

Hi Rav. Thanks for looking into options and to ljp for the link to the ATO's site; I had already been there, What would be great is to retain the old app (even if it is unsupported) as a 'form submission' app. This is all that I, and I expect, many other need. Regards. David