Are you an STP app user? Check out our IMPORTANT announcement CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Taken to the 'New Employee' screen in Payroll App

SystemSystem Member Posts: 29 Community Manager
This discussion was created from comments split from: Migrating from STP to Reckon Payroll.

Comments

• Sue WardSue Ward Member Posts: 19

Hi Rav, don't know if I'm in the right area or not but I am having the same trouble as Violeta. When I go into the app it takes me straight to "create new employee" screen (which information was already in the old STP app). I am the only employee.

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 10,599 Community Manager

Hi @Sue Ward

I've just split your comment over into its own discussion here just so its easier to track and I can get a better understanding of your specific situation.

Firstly, have you ever previously used/trialed the Payroll App?

Did you sign in to the Payroll App with the same email address and password that you use to login to the STP app?

Can I grab the ABN that you've registered to the STP app and I'll take a look at a couple of things on my end.

Hi Rav

I had the previous app on my phone and used the same sign in details for the new app. I have also turned the phone on and off.

ABN: 26 124 081 778

Just wondering if you've had any luck with my query, Rav? I am going on leave next week and won't be returning until 28/6. As the old app won't be working from 1/7, am starting to panic a little now if I can't get this up and running by 1/7.

Apologies Sue, lets get your case sorted out.

When I take a look at your account on my end, I can see that there's been a Payroll App account created successfully which is fine but can you confirm for me if you saw the migration screen when you first signed into the Payroll App? ie. did the migration screen come up AND did you select YES to migrate your data over?

I think I did, Rav, but then it took me to another screen which didn't seem to be relevant. Maybe I just pressed the wrong button!

I think that is what might have happened here because from what you've described and from what I can see on my end, a brand new account has been created in the Payroll App.

My recommendation on the best course of action from here is to close out the current financial year in the free STP app 2and the start fresh on the new account in your Payroll App from the upcoming 2021/22 financial year moving forward.

Does that sound like a reasonable option for you?

Sounds reasonable but would I have to treat myself as a new employee?

You'll need to set yourself up in the Payroll App yes along with registering the Software ID with the ATO just like you would have done when starting off in the STP app.

I have put my start date in as 2/7/2012. How can I input 37.5 hours per week? If I I round it up to 38 hours, then my annual leave is an extra 2 days per year that I'm not entitled to.