Are you an STP app user? Check out our IMPORTANT announcement CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

How to enter employee birth date in Basic Payroll App on phone

SJHSJH Member Posts: 2

Hi, I've just migrated to the Basic Payroll App from the free STP App and needed to add the extra information for my 3 employees to get set up properly. Is there any way of manually entering birth date? The only option seems to be swiping by month, for 50+ years, 3 times over....

Thanks!

Suzanne.

Answers

• susanne_byrnessusanne_byrnes Member Posts: 2

Hi, did you receive reply to your post? I am having the same issue, but have to scroll back few more years than you.....

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 8

Hi, this is another example of the many problems with the new app compared to the simplicity of the former app we were forced to migrate from last month. You will find that there is a ton of unnecessary information you are going to have to enter for your migrated employees before the new app will let you create a pay run.

To enter the birth date what I ended up doing was:

1. Select the date in the month first - eg 15th
    2. Then touch the month at the top left and a box will appear that lets you scroll through to find the right month and right year. However, not so simple. I found you have to keep going back and trying again because each time you finger stops scrolling it thinks you have finished, so I got the month right but then had to have a couple more goes to get the year right.

There are plenty of other unhappy users of the new app. For those of us that only pay a few employees and don't need bells and whistles (eg annual leave loading percentage and you can't enter 0%!) the new app is so frustrating.

• susanne_byrnessusanne_byrnes Member Posts: 2

Thank you so much TJS. I will give that a try.

Yes, I agree 100% with your comments about the unnecessary changes made. The previous app was simple, quick & easy to use, it was perfect for my business.

Why do do they try fix something when it isn't broken.....???? 😡