Are you an STP app user? Check out our IMPORTANT announcement CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Cant save edited employee details

anthony2607anthony2607 Member Posts: 4

Downloaded app last week, migrated data from previous. Today I've spent 2 hours trying to create a payrun. App says my employees are incomplete, I have entered details over and over again but it does not save. I have swiped closed the app, turned the phone on/off, tried again. Going crazy constantly entering the DOB field, keeps jumping out of process. Please note, I am entering all required information in the 3 tabs but CANNOT save it and this stops me from creating the pay run

Comments

• somersetsomerset Member Posts: 1

I’m having the same problem, very frustrating 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 376 ✭✭

I managed to save employee details, not anymore showing incomplete status. If there is error in any of the tabs it would not save.

I have already finalised 2020/2021 in the free STP App before I migrated to the Payroll App.

• anthony2607anthony2607 Member Posts: 4

I migrated data and haven't finalised for this FY. I corrected all errors - there are no errors in the tabs. I have done this dozens of times over 3 days and it won't SAVE. It would be nice if Reckon could reply but no response from them at this stage. I cannot proceed until I get this fixed which means I can't finalise and send to the tax office. I called Reckon but got hung up on.

• Joseph LiJoseph Li Member Posts: 376 ✭✭

@anthony2607 Was the employee in edit mode when you try to save? I went into edit mode for employee, corrected all tabs, then save.

Finalisation or not makes no difference to editing employees.

Yes the employee was in edit mode and yes all tabs were corrected. It does not save the edited details, the only way i can get out of editing an employee is to cancel. I only mentioned the finalisation as you had in your original response.

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 8

Having the same problem and it is a public holiday so no support available from Reckon. Trying to do monthly pay run for sole employee. Keeps demanding entry of additional information on so called "incomplete" employee. Same employee on previous app before migrating. No matter how many times I try to enter the additional information it will not save.

• TJSTJS Member Posts: 8

Just fixed it - well, sort of! You have to scroll across at the top and make sure you complete each set of incomplete information. I had not completed the tax and leave entitlement details. They were the two categories at the end on the far right. When I entered all of this unnecessary detail it finally let me save!

I could then do a pay run. Two problems. It required me to enter an hourly rate and I pay the employee a set sum per month. On the old app I just entered that number. Now I had to enter the $$ amount and pretend this was the hourly rate for one hour! Second problem now is that while I have already prepaid super for the employee as a lump sum back in July 2020 it is calculating the super again for this pay run. On the former app I could just enter zero for the subsequent monthly pay runs, but this version won't let me.

You are a legend, it was those hidden tabs that were incomplete. I had no idea they were there until you alerted me. It's all up and running now, although it's a pity I can't edit the tax as it is different to the figure on the tax scale I have and have been working off.