Payroll App

System
System Member Posts: 151 Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Payroll App - Free Basic plan AVAILABLE NOW!.

Comments

• PatK
    PatK Member Posts: 16

So I downloaded the "new" app. to my phone. Cannot edit a thing on it. Even though it says "Tap to edit" It also says I have 3 free payruns left. But it's a free app? There are only a few successful pay runs on there with the last dated May 2 2020 but I have many many more done than that. Where have they all gone? I had better be able to access the good old stp after July 1 so that I can do the EOFY runs and after that? well I hope it will get working.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator Posts: 12,663 Community Manager Community Manager

It sounds like there are a few things happening here.

The first thing I'll advise is in regard to editing employees. You need to ensure you complete ALL tabs in the employee profile with the necessary information for it to save successfully. You may need to swipe across to view the other tabs and I'll attach a screenshot below to hopefully illustrate what I mean.

It also says I have 3 free payruns left. But it's a free app?

The free basic plan is available in the latest version of the Payroll App (v2.9.33). If you'd like to downgrade to the free basic plan tap on the 'Upgrade' button in the bottom right corner and opt to end your premium trial. Please note: the premium trial is only available once.

There are only a few successful pay runs on there with the last dated May 2 2020 but I have many many more done than that. Where have they all gone?

It sounds like you have previously used the Payroll App if you see data in it from last year. Is that correct? If so, I'm assuming you were not offered an option to migrate now that you've downloaded the Payroll App again, does that sounds right? Migration can only occur once so it was actioned OR declined last year then unfortunately we cannot migrate your data again now.

In this instance, my recommendation would be to close out the current financial year in the free STP app. Once you have finalised the 2020/21 year in the STP app, then you can start fresh from the new financial year moving forward in the Payroll App.

• PatK

Thanks very much Rav. I'll properly digest this when next on to the pay runs. It does say that the old app will retire on July 1. But I'm hoping that I can still do the EOFY run a few days at least after July 1? cheers, Pat.

• Rav

Yes you'll still be able to send through any submissions for the 2020/21 financial year including EOFY finalisation in the STP app for a while but my recommendation is to not leave it for too long.

• PatK

Ok thanks again Rav. Today I have completed EOFY run in the old free app. yes to all your questions above. (I think!) I have at least attempted to do runs last year. I never did see an option to migrate to the new app. Or if I did see it I ignored it! But now I'm happy and ready to start fresh with the new app but can't figure out how to do that. There is old stuff on there which I understand is useless and I'm happy to start again but just can't see how.

• Rav

Hi @PatK

If you've finalised everything for 2020/21 now in the old app then you can start in the Payroll App now for the current financial year.

The first thing I'd recommend you do after logging into the Payroll App is just check that the existing account that you setup last year in this app is correct your business ie. that the ABN & branch number is correct, the contact details are all accurate etc.

Once you've done that, then you can move on to creating your employees in the Payroll App and then creating a pay run etc.

I'm going to link some resources below which outline in more detail how to get started on the Payroll App -

• PatK

Hooray! I've finally had the courage to tackle this issue and all was very easy after following your instructions Rav. So thank you very much.

• swakhlu01 .
    swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 429 Payroll App Expert Payroll App Expert

@PatK Payroll app is easy to use as long as one sticks to the rules and follows the correct menus and Reckon help guides. All the best with you first 2021-22 Payrun if that is what is the next step. 😀