EOFY in the Payroll App

System
System Member Posts: 141 Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Payroll App - Free Basic plan AVAILABLE NOW!.
Tagged:

Comments

• BrianK
    BrianK Member Posts: 7

Hi Rav

I am diving into the STP to Payroll App transition AND (perhaps misguidedly) trying to sort out my EOFY reporting. I have done the transition to the basic plan on the payroll app and the data transferred successfully. I have also set up all the extra employee information (for a part-time employee) But the draft EOFY totals are modestly inflated (as they were in STP - and there is a huge volume of dialogue on this "feature" - seems to relate to failed uploads and pending items in the ATO submission that accumulate through the year ) so I have found the guidance of making corrections in these as a one-off update event with negative amounts .... but that is where it gets really ugly. No clear way in the payroll app of putting in specific amounts of PAYG tax and super (positive or negative). I can see a way of putting in a negative salary as an allowance - but this is all getting me really concerned.

Am thinking of bailing out and going back to STP to try and close off on the financial year past but I know that is not the recommendation. What else can I do? Thanks for your help. BrianK

• Rav
    Rav Administrator Posts: 12,204 Community Manager Community Manager

Hey @BrianK

I've split your comment off its own discussion here just so its easier to have a convo with you directly about this.

Ok, first thing I'll check off is this..

Am thinking of bailing out and going back to STP to try and close off on the financial year past but I know that is not the recommendation. 

Yep, I definitely recommend that you DON'T go back to the STP app now that you've migrated over successfully.

But the draft EOFY totals are modestly inflated (as they were in STP - and there is a huge volume of dialogue on this "feature" - seems to relate to failed uploads and pending items in the ATO submission that accumulate through the year

Yes, this is one of the things that the STP app didn't do very well which led to a fair degree of confusion and frustration. With the move over to the Payroll App, it should be a thing of the past but obviously if its happened already we'll need to do a bit of clean up first.

So with that said, making YTD balance corrections in the Payroll App is a fair bit easier than the STP app. You can do so in the Payroll App by going into the specific employee's profile, selecting the Edit option and scrolling over to the YTD tab. You can update the YTD balances here.

Once you've got that straightened out for each employee, you should then be ready to send through your EOFY finalisation report.

I'll link a guide on that below as well -

• BrianK

Hi Rav. Fantastic. I will give it a try. Thanks for the quick response. I will let you know how I go latter in the day. Cheers. Brian

• BrianK

Hi Rav. This all worked as you described. I still have one problem. When I complete the EOFY declaration page there is no button visible to submit to ATO. Maybe a layout issue with it not visible on my old iPhone 6???? I could not check the payroll app version as suggested as it did not show up anywhere in settings. But it was installed only today. Any ideas? Brian

• Rav

Hmm that sounds strange. Are you able to progress to the screen in my screenshot below? ie. you can get to the declaration page but can't see the 'Submit' button?

Do you have any display assist settings active on your iPhone such as Zoom/Magnification etc? If so, can you please switch it off and see if that makes any difference?

Let me know

• BrianK

Thanks Rav. I am on that last declaration screen and can do the tick box but there is no way I can see the submit button. I will explore iPhone settings but am not aware of anything unusual there. I vaguely recall a similar problem with the STP app in the early days but it seemed to be resolved perhaps by bug fixes. I will investigate further. I have been onto the mygov ATO site and the eofy data is not getting there so

• BrianK

Hi Rav. Problem Solved. It was a zoom control set deep in the iPhone settings - something that I was unaware of. Reset to standard and declaration screen fully visible. Maybe a trap for others.

I am sorted for now on 20/21. Thanks for your fantastic support. Look forward to using payroll app in 21/22. Cheers. Brian

• Rav

Good work 👍️ Glad to hear we're back on track now.