New error message when submitting STP file via Reckon GovConnect

jyeung82
jyeung82 Member Posts: 2

Dear All

I receive the below error message when I submit the STP file via Reckon GovConnect

This is the first time we ever saw this error message, even though we have been submitting STP file for the same company for more than a year now.

Is it one of the error as result of the one-side system upgrade by ATO?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited June 2021

Hi @jyeung82

That error message is saying that there are invalid details in the one of the email address fields, in this case it looks like there is no email address in a field. I'd recommend going back to your Reckon software and check the email address fields for your employees. Make sure there is a valid email address listed for each employee, that there is only one email address and also there are no spaces or other invalid characters before or after the email address in the field.

If there have been any new employees that you've created in the software, that's usually a good place to check first but I'd recommend checking all employees as well.

Also, ensure there is an email address in your company information details as well.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• jyeung82
    jyeung82 Member Posts: 2

Hi Rav

Thanks.

The issue is that we never enter any email address in the employee's detail and neither do we enter any email address in the company's information detail at the first place, and it is fine until one month ago.

Is the ATO just being unreasonable and now even request details such as personal email address?

• Suzeb
    Suzeb Member Posts: 3

I had the same error message today. I entered an email address in the Company information section of Reckon and it then lodged successfully.

• BTB_Tania06
    BTB_Tania06 Member Posts: 8

Hi all

We use Payroll Roll Premier and have been getting this same error message for the May and June Reports including EOY Finalisation.

Is it the ATO or the Software??? as nothing changed in our file.

Thanks

Tania

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

I believe there has been a change at the ATO end that now requires an email address in the company details section. Suzeb answered that question above

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

@BTB_Tania06

Kris is correct, this is a new ATO requirement. We're looking to implement a solution in GovConnect that blocks submission files that are missing this info before you send it off to the ATO and get the rejection message.

For Payroll Premier you'll need to enter the email address in the section below -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• BTB_Tania06

Thanks Kris and Rav

Once I enter this into the field do I need to send New/Updated reports for May and June and Final for EOY or just do EOY Final STP and submit to ATO

Thanks again for your help

Kind regards

Tania

• Kris_Williams
    Kris_Williams Member Posts: 3,272 Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert Reckon Accounts Hosted Expert

Just a finalisation will do

• BTB_Tania06

Thanks Kris appreciate the help ;-)

Have a Great Day!

Cheers

Tania