1st Pay issue in Payroll Premier 2021/22

Libby
Libby Member Posts: 70 ✭✭

HELP PLEASE

As our final weekly pay for last financial year was week-ending 23/6/21 with Date Paid 24/6/21.

This first pay week for 2021/22 was week-ending 30/6/21 with Date Paid 1/7/21 (today)

On payslip's for this week, last years total is carrying forward and adding to this weeks pay amount. The STP report should only show this weeks totals but it has brought forward last years total too with 0.00 in Total Gross & Total Tax.

How do I fix this????

Comments

• Kali
    Kali Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

I am having the same issue. It's happened the last couple of years and they (Reckon) have still not fixed the issue clearly. It's so frustrating. I think they're going to tell us to change the WE date for the whole pay to 1/7.

• Kali

@Rav can we please get an answer to this ASAP as we need to pay people.

• Libby

I changed the pay end date to 1/7/21 which in turn changed the weeks start date to 25/6/21 (which is wrong but hey).

Payslips now show only this financial years totals, the pay report is ok, but the STP report is still showing this weeks pay added to last years total. GRRRR😣 Still not happy that the Payslip dates are not correct when printing.

It is just the STP reporting that is wrong now.

@Rav can you PLEASE help me with this as I need to get these pays finalized today.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,380 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Libby,

The support team have sent me this help guide linked below which I'd recommend checking out -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Libby

Thank you. But I have been on to support, following their instruction we have sort of fixed my problem.

The only way I can get a STP report to show the correct amounts for each employee so I can upload it, is to put a Date paid of 3/7/21, as it continues to include last years figures if I use Date Paid 1/7/21. I hope this is not going to bite me later!!!

• Kali

Hi Libby,

Not what you want to hear I am sure; however, the only way I have found to solve all of the above issues is to actually delete the whole run and reprocess again under 1/7/2021. This fixes the STP error and YTD balances.

It doesn't work if you just re-date, you need to delete the entire run and start again.

Not ideal at all, and 100% understand what a pain in the butt that is but just letting you know what worked for me.

It's frustrating as this has been a recurring issue every single year which Reckon have known about but not fixed it.

You may also want to check your super contributions as some employees under the $450 threshold may have been paid SGC as the system thinks you're processing the last week of a month, not the first.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Kali

• Libby

Thank you so much Kali, such a frustrating day today. Once again. I dread the last and first pays every year since I started using it in 2003..... Always a drama!!!

You need to work for Reckon!!!!! Great response from you thank you, thank you thank you.

Have a great day Kali 😊

• Libby

Heya @Kali

Sorry just 1 quick question did you have the same pay period 24/6/21 to 30/6/21 with paid date 1/7/21?

If so what did you use those dates or change them to say 25/6/21 to 1/7/21 & paid date 1/7/21?

Cheers, Libby

• Kali

Hi Libby,

Haha that's not the first time someone has said that to me re: working at Reckon!

Been using Reckon a similar timeframe to you and have learnt A LOT of little tricks along the way! Which is not necessarily a good thing.. I wish they would fix an issue instead of finding ways around them.

My client's week ending date was 30 June 2021 with payment date 1 July 2021.

I therefore, changed both the week ending and payment date to 1 July 2021.

Again, by no ways ideal; however, best way forward I have found which solves all the issues.

Good luck! :)

• Kali

TRUST me - I feel your frustration!!

• Suzanne DiStefano
    Suzanne DiStefano Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2021

Hi @Kali,

Just following on from your comment above, we had this issue last year as our last day in the pay cycle is a Tuesday and date paid a Wednesday. So on Reckon's advice we changed both dates to be the 1/7/20 but now there is a flow on effect in that we have 53 pays in this Financial year (our pay end date was 29/6 and date paid was 30/6). For some reason our EOFY STP isn't loading and I am wondering if it is because we have 53 pays in the year due to adjusting last years pay to 1/7. Penny for your thoughts? Thank you :-)

• Kali

Hi Suzanne,

Interesting - i haven't come across that.

Did you get an answer from Rav or Reckon?

Kali

• Suzanne DiStefano
    Suzanne DiStefano Member Posts: 24

Thanks Kali, I think we have worked it out.

• Kylie_9377946
    Kylie_9377946 Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

Thanks so much Kali you have been a life saver. And yes you need to delete pay run and re-process as 1/7 and it will reset the STP rather than just editing the dates.

Thanks again!

• Kali

@Suzanne DiStefano what was the answer? :)

• Kylie_9377946

Hi Kali

What did you end up doing with the mis-calculating super just manually change it to $0?

• Kali

Yes, from memory - manually calculated.

• Kylie_9377946

Has anyone had any issues with the payslips not printing normal hours on them. Gross and everything is all correct just have had some people missing normal hours and overtime on their payslip. Only shows super line. I read someone had an issue with an old version as it was looking for the wrong pay end date. Thinking it might be same issue as we put pay end date 1/7/21 date paid 1/7/21.