Are you an STP app user? Check out our IMPORTANT announcement CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

May payroll pay event is only going through to ATO as an update event with no $s

RoseRose Member Posts: 9

Have now tried 4 different ways and still going through as an update event, even though pick a payroll event on the app. How can I delete, or create a pay event. Is it maybe that need to change the date? Now 1 employee YTD totals are incorrect and will need to be adjusted as well.

Comments

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 11,768 Community Manager

Hi Rose,

Just to confirm, are you using the STP app to do this OR have you migrated over to the Payroll App already?

Sorry to ask the basic but are you selecting the 'pay run' option after hitting the blue + symbol? (screenshot below). If so, 'New Pay Run' will appear on the next screen that loads (second screenshot).

I've done some testing this morning on my version of the STP app that is installed on my phone and it seemed to be working normally in the sense that it was creating a pay run when selecting that option and an Update Event when selecting that specific option from the menu.

• RoseRose Member Posts: 9

Hi Rav I have moved to the new version, and am selecting New pay run. I created and processed the May pay run (but posted as an update), as couldn't get April pay run to work at all. Have since managed to get this one to work, and post correctly. Am yet to complete the June pay run on the software. Any other suggestions how I can fix? I am yet to enter 😀

Hi Rose,

Can you send me some screenshots or even a screen recording if possible where it shows in the Payroll App that an Update Event is being created even though you're selecting the 'Pay Run' option after pressing the + symbol in the payruns screen.

It sounds really strange and I'd like to potentially run this by our dev team.

Hi Rav

Apologies for delay in responding!!

Not sure the screen shots will help.

First one show what button I press, and 2nd show how it was processed.

Hi Rose,

When you create the pay run in the Payroll App, are you selecting the 'adjustment' option on the Declaration screen just prior to sending it to the ATO? (screenshot below).

If that option is ticked and the pay run sent, it will be processed as an Update Event. Can you recall if that is what happened previously?

Are you still encountering this on NEW pay runs that you are creating in the Payroll App?

Hi Rav not sure if I did that or not. I have not entered anymore, pending being able to fix this?

ATO now think I have been paid more than I actually have. How do I do a negative update event?

Thanks Rav I have worked it out, I have resubmitted the 2 Pay Runs that processed as adjustments as $0. Which adjusted the values back. Am now on track - thanks for the tip re the Submit as an adjustment, I nearly did it again when correcting as adjustments, pretty sure I didn't touch the screen there, but am now aware of it, and check it before processing. Rose

Great work Rose, glad you're back on track. Thanks for letting me know 🙂