Reckon Payroll APP - Fortnightly Payrun Gross Wages Error PAYG Withheld

Alice
Alice Member Posts: 10
edited July 2021 in Reckon Payroll App & Web

I am using New Reckon Payroll APP. We process payrun every fortnightly.

Gross Wages 76hrs x $22.78 = $1731.28

Tax withheld $230 (From ATO Fortnightly Table)

However, on Reckon Payroll APP PAYG Tax Withheld automatic calculated as $474.00.

$474.00 is Tax withheld amount from ATO Weekly Tax table for Gross wages $1731.28.

How do I set to make PAYG Withheld fortnightly to $230.00?

Please help.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,078 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Alice,

Just out of curiosity, was the pay period for this pay run a week or fortnight time period? Is the employee's pay frequency in their profile set to weekly or fortnightly?

To alter the tax amount in a pay run, click into the tax field in the pay run and use the toggle to override the default tax calculation.

You'll need to ensure you're on the latest version of the Payroll App to see the custom tax functionality.

• Alice

Hi Rav,

Pay period we set as 5 July 2021 - 18 July 2021 Pay date 16 July 2021

• Alice

Reckon Payroll APP version 2.11.15 is it the lastest version?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,078 Community Manager Community Manager

Yes, the latest version (currently) is v2.11.15

• Alice

Pay period we set as 5 July 2021 - 18 July 2021 (fortnight) Pay date 16 July 2021

Pay frequency set as fortnightly

Are these correct?

• Rav

The pay period is fine but I'd recommend that you check the tax scale for this employee. It sounds like they might be on tax scale 1 when it may need to be tax scale 2.

On testing your pay run, I get the $474 tax amount on tax scale 1 and $230 when tax scale 2 is set for the employee.

Note: I can't provide you tax advice so please ensure that you do the necessary checks and any changes based on your needs/circumstances or advice from an accountant/tax agent.

• Alice

Hi Rav, yes it was on Tax scale 1. I have change to Tax scale 2 and problem solved. Thank you so much.