Edited incorrect Intial YTD figures to correct but now the Pay Summary Total Gross Pay is incorrect

Minuteman
Minuteman Member Posts: 18
edited January 3 in Reckon Payroll 🚀

I edited the Initial YTD figures for Tax Withheld, Earnings and Superannuation as they were all incorrect. Everything saved fine, however now when I go to the Pay summary the Total Gross Pay is the old incorrect figure + the new correct figure.

Total tax withheld and total superannuation figures in the Pay summary are correct.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

This is for your 2020/21 financial year, correct?

Are you on the latest version of the Payroll App? (Currently v2.11.15). If not, please ensure you have updated to the current version by downloading any available updates from your app store.

Have you created any pay runs in the Payroll App itself for the 2020/21 year as well? OR have you just migrated from the STP app and don't need to perform any further pay runs for 2020/21, just send the EOFY finalisation?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Minuteman

confirmed 2020/21 EOFY which was due at ATO last week!

Confirmed latest v2.11.15 being used,

NO payruns have been created yet in the new Payroll App. Only migration and I confirm NO further payruns need to be run for 2020/21.

All I need to do is correct the current figures in the new Payroll App so they agree with my Reckon Accounts Plus 2021 and ATO which agree and are correct.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

NO payruns have been created yet in the new Payroll App. Only migration and I confirm NO further payruns need to be run for 2020/21.

The above is the key in determining how and what you need to do in order to edit your balances. While I've added a screenshot below of section from the other article I linked to you previously that applies to your situation, I note what you've mentioned in your opening post below..

Everything saved fine, however now when I go to the Pay summary the Total Gross Pay is the old incorrect figure + the new correct figure.

How did you attempt to enter the correct balances in the Payroll App? Did you just enter what you WANT the gross pay balance to be OR did you enter in something else? eg. entering the difference in balance between the original incorrect balance vs what you need it to be etc.

The reason I'm asking this is because based on what you've mentioned, specifically that you have not created any pay runs for 2020/21 in the Payroll App and don't need to either, then the method to correct your balances as outlined in the below screenshot is what you should/need to do.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Minuteman

Thank you for that. That is exactly what I did. I updated the balances in the Initial YTD tab with the figures that agree with my Reckon Accounts Plus 2021 and ATO for Tax Withheld, Earnings and Superannuation as they were all incorrect. I then saved the information and went to view the Pay Summary which is now drastically incorrect for the Total Gross Pay.

Now when I view the Pay Summary, the Total Gross Pay is the old incorrect figure + the new correct figure however the Superannuation and Tax Withheld figures are the correct figures that agree my Reckon Accounts Plus 2021 and ATO. When I had back in to edit the Initial YTD balances they are all correct as I entered before.

Please explain how I can get the Pay Summary to reflect the True Total Gross Pay and not the sum of the incorrect balance + the correct balance.

• Rav
    • What is the specific (incorrect) gross pay balance that is appearing in the EOFY finalisation and Pay Summary for 2020/21 for this employee AND;
    • What specific balance appears for gross pay when you view it for this employee in the 'Initial YTD' tab? The balance that appears when you access this tab is the correct figure that you NEED the balance to be but is not reflecting in the Pay Summary, correct.

I'll see if I can get this looked at a bit closer with the above info.

I updated the balances in the Initial YTD tab with the figures that agree with my Reckon Accounts Plus 2021

As a side note, and more for my curiosity.. is there a reason you're not using Reckon Accounts Plus to submit your STP submissions? It sounds like you're already completing payroll activities in that software.

• Minuteman

Incorrect Gross Pay Balance (in Pay Summary): $109,526.58

Gross Pay Balance (in 'Initial YTD' tab): $53,848.00 - this is the correct figure

Previous Gross Pay Balance (in 'Initial YTD' tab) before updating: $55,686.58

I prefer to use the softwares separately as a point of reference.

• Rav

Thanks for that. I've asked one of dev team to take a look at that but just in the meantime, can I get you to logout of your Payroll App account (use the Logout option in the Settings section) and the close the app in full ie. swipe it away from any other running apps on your phone.

Once that is done, reopen it and login, does the Pay Summary now reflect the updated gross pay balance that you previously updated in the Initial YTD tab? Or is it still the same as before?

• Minuteman

It is now showing the updated correct figures. Can I now do the same with the other employee and will it work this time because i'm now running very late on my submission to ATO?

• Rav

Go ahead and update the balance for the 2nd employee. It should work.

In the off-chance that it doesn't, let me know and also the breakdown as before.

• Minuteman
    edited July 2021

Same thing happened again. I logged out and closed the app after updating the figures but the figures in the Pay Summary don't reflect the updated Earnings and the updated Allowances.

Incorrect Gross Pay Balance (in Pay Summary): $84,716.71

Gross Pay Balance (in 'Initial YTD' tab): $41,600.02 - this is the correct figure

Previous Gross Pay Balance (in 'Initial YTD' tab) before updating: $43,116.69

Incorrect Allowances Balance (in Pay Summary): $15,683.29

Allowances (in 'Initial YTD' tab): $7,099.98 - this is the correct figure

Previous Allowances Balance (in 'Initial YTD' tab) before updating: $8,583.31

• Rav

@Minuteman

Can you please logout of the Payroll App again now and then back in and confirm if the balances are accurate.