Pay run details shows 0 values for all employees and can't edit

PaksiriPaksiri Member Posts: 4

I just installed the Basic Payroll App and migrated all employee data from STP to the new app.

It seemed to transfer all data over successfully but, I needed to update information like e-mail addresses and phone numbers.

All went ok, but on attempting the first pay run there was no existing data for all employees. All sections are $0.00 and I can't edit to enter the new figures.

I checked the registration with the ATO and all seems to be in order.

ABN: 62103483192

Software ID: 0743409715

I hope you can help

thank you

Paksiri

Comments

• swakhlu01 .swakhlu01 . Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

@Paksiri What happens when you click the Edit button that is showing on the screen shot you attached to this post.

The earnings and other details will be 0.0 for the first payrun until you submit it. The next time these will come pre-populated if you select the settings to duplicate last payrun. Also check if the Tax file details of employees are correct in the employee settings.

https://help.reckon.com/article/uz5x44p19d-reckon-payroll-app-adding-employees#initial_ytd

https://help.reckon.com/article/20el8yr42i-reckon-payroll-app-creating-a-pay-run

• PaksiriPaksiri Member Posts: 4

Hello

Thank you for the quick reply

If I press the edit button it goes to the Edit pay details (see picture attached), but I can't edit anything else

I'm just confused about what happens if I process the Pay Run with 0 values. Is this first pay run submitted with 0 values in each section for each employee?

Do I need to make a second Pay Run for the same period? (the duplicate last Pay Run is ticked)

I need to mention that the last Pay Run was still with the previous APP submitted on the 23 Aug, there was no pay run for 4 weeks because the restaurant was closed.

Thank you for your help

much appreciated

Paksiri

@Paksiri Please don't send any 0 value Payruns. It complicates the process and I don't think it is needed at this stage.

Based on what you have captured in the screen shot example attached to your post above, please carefully observe the steps shown in this Reckon video below and describe how far you are able to follow this in your situation.

Also check the Initial YTD summaries of employees are showing correct value upto the 23rd Aug payrun that you had done in old STP app.

https://community.reckon.com/discussion/8030105/creating-a-pay-run-on-the-reckon-payroll-app-how-to-video#latest

Hello,

Thank you for the prompt reply and the video link.

I followed the instructions and all went well and have successfully submitted may Pay Run

Thank you very much for the hints and prompts I needed to get me there.

Kind regards

Paksiri

@Paksiri Glad my response was helpful. Most of us are small business owners similar to yourself and try to help each other out in understanding STP process and using the apps through this Reckon community help page. At some stage you may also wish to come forward and use your experience to help others trying to get by.

@Rav Wondering if it is possible to bring out the How-to Videos for Payoll app recently created by Reckon at a more prominent spot or sectoin on the community page.

• RavRav Administrator Posts: 11,676 Community Manager

Wondering if it is possible to bring out the How-to Videos for Payoll app recently created by Reckon at a more prominent spot or sectoin on the community page.

Hi @swakhlu01 . yes that has definitely been on my mind since I started creating those videos a couple of weeks ago. I'll see what I can do in terms of 'making a home' for them on the Community where they are more organised and accessible.

Also, massive praise to you for the support and effort you've provided to your fellow app users over the last few months. Certainly hasn't gone unnoticed 👏👏

Hello again

I'm so grateful that I got prompt help when I needed it. I'm happy to help other app users with issues I know about.

I also was wondering about the Payroll app. As I learned, it is important to watch the video and to be observant. For first time users (like me) the issue was to edit the 0 values. I just didn't get the info I needed from following the written (printed) instructions.

Another issue was weekend loading, which is 25% (on Saturdays) the Video gives a link how to do it. The same would go for Public Holiday loading etc. Maybe the video could be modified to adjust a percentage loading on the main edit page to reflect this, like the double time or time and 1/2 selections.

I hope this makes sense.

Thank you so much

Penny