Supplier with No ABN and TPAR report

Options
JudyA
JudyA Member Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong with processing a bill from a supplier who doesn't have an ABN (I didn't think they existed anymore!) and having the correct figures appear on the Taxable Payments Annual Report?

The background:

We have a one-off bill from a supplier with no ABN. The amount is $ 511. I have followed the advice in KB4901 and can successfully withhold the amount of $ 240 in a Other Current Liability account by creating a credit.

My issue is when I generate the TPAR report, the gross amount is $ 240 and not $ 511. The tax withheld is $ 240 and it's showing correctly. When I drill down on the supplier, both the bill and credit are listed, but the gross amount on the bill is $ 480, not $ 511. It's weird!

Any thoughts would be most appreciated!

Comments

• JudyA
    JudyA Member Posts: 56 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Zappy. I've had a conversation with him about all this, and why he doesn't have a current ABN is beyond me! Hence why I need to withhold 47% of his payment and remit to the ATO at W4 on January's IAS. I've been able to do that side of things with no problem, it's just the TPAR that isn't showing the correct gross figure. It's got me stumped.