Error Message STP

Hi, when I upload my Payroll info to the ATO via GovConnect, I am receiving this error message. Any clues????

I presume it is expecting a numeric value somewhere which is in fact blank, but I can't see it?????

Sue

Best Answer

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,378 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @austech_structural

That error message is saying that there are invalid details in the one of the email address fields, in this case it looks like there is no email address in a particular field. I'd recommend going back to Payroll Premier and check the email address field in the Preferences menu (screenshot example below) and also for your employees as well.

Once entered, recreate the STP file in Payroll Premier so that its updated with the new info and send through GovConnect again.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• TonyC
    TonyC Member Posts: 7

I am using the payroll function via Reckon Accounts Hosted.

I have received the same error message when attempting to lodge the 2020/2021 payroll data.

Employees are contributing to a SMSF and are salary sacrificing.

Has the wages data been transmitted to the ATO? A check of the ATO portal for the company shows that nothing has been recorded as received via STP.

I have completed the email section in the company information and tried again to submit the data with no success.

What further action can I take?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,378 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @TonyC

Is it the exact same error message you are receiving as the one in the OP or is it something different?

Have you checked that each and every employee has an email address listed in their profile information?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• TonyC

Hi Rav

The error message is identical from the start to the end.

Not every employee has an email address. So I will go and do that now.

Is there anything else which needs to be filled in?

It seems quite incredible that the transmission will not be accepted because of a missing employee email address.

Is it because I have not made any STP transmission during the actual period between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2021?

• TonyC

It looks like I have reached the limit of STP exports today.

I'll resume tomorrow.

Just for your information, the STP transmissions for another company file which I look after are completely error free. Those employees contribute to APRA funds. Their profiles do not include email addresses.

• austech_structural
    austech_structural Member Posts: 15

My problem was "missing" information....two of our empoyees only had mobiles instead of home phone and mobile. The STP file would not be received without something in the home phone number field. I would advise checking all numeric fields for an entry. Seems to be an expectation on the other end that the fields cannot be blank i.e. non-numeric.🤐

• TonyC

I resubmitted all entries as new events after I filled in the spaces for phone, mobile phone and email address.

What a pleasant surprise it was when I saw that all the entries were successfully completed.

Thanks a lot - both of you.

• austech_structural
    austech_structural Member Posts: 15

Oh Tony what awesome news….so pleased for you. I know the feeling when the damn thing is finally accepted!! Lol