ReckonGovConnect

Options
953189 Member Posts: 8

We had a change of name of Company and I now have 2 Reckon Software ID's for STP. One is for old name the other for new name. I have been uploading files logging with an old email to old name and this is being accepted by ATO. What happens if I now upload files using a new email login to Reckon and upload to ATO. Do they marry up?

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @953189

Based on the screenshots you've provided, I'm assuming that the newly named business entity also has a different ABN and/or GST branch number to that of the old entity, is that correct?

The two STP entities in GovConnect are wholly and completely separate so in order to make submissions to the new STP entity you've created you will need to update the ABN and other company details within the Reckon software you are using. Will you be creating a new file for this new entity in the Reckon software you're using OR will you be using the existing file and make changes to it?

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Options

Hi Rav,

It is only change of name (No change to ABN).

I am unsure what to do

Options

Hi Rav,

It is only change of name (No change to ABN).

I am unsure what to do

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

If the ABN is the same then it should make things a fair bit easier for you. You'll need to update the company name in your Reckon software which it looks like you've already done and continue to use the existing STP entity.

I do want to check something out though, in your first post you've attached two screenshots of STP entities created in GovConnect but then have also mentioned the ABN hasn't changed. STP entities in GovConnect need to have either unique ABN's and/or GST branch numbers, you can't have two different STP entities with the same ABN (unless they've been created with differing GST branch numbers).

Can I please grab the ABN's for each STP entity that you've created just so I can check how those have been setup.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Options

74 871 011 809

This is what I have presently

• Rav
    Options

The most recent screenshots in your post show that there are two completely different ABN's for each of these entities. You'll see them listed just under the entity name in the screenshots.

In this case I'll go back to my previous question, does the new entity have a new/different ABN moving forward in comparison to the one you've been using thus far?

From what I can see on my end, ABN 74871011809 is the existing one that you've been using to this point.

The STP entity for the other ABN (73117318484) was setup in October last year under a different account and so far has not been used for any submissions. Is this one supposed to have been setup?

Options

Hi Rav,

I now why I changed to Dwyer Legal in Payroll Premier

The actual name for ABN 74871011809 is DA & JM Ryan Leagl Pty Ltd & McCormack Legal Trust - Trading as Dwyer Legal Warrnambool P/L. This name is recognised by ATO.

The name is too long as Reckon won't work because of name length - DA & JM Ryan Leagl Pty Ltd & McCormack Legal Trust

Bassically I really only want to change name on Reckon Portal AB Robinson Family Trust & McCormack Legal Trust to

DA & JM Ryan Leagl Pty Ltd & McCormack Legal Trust

• Rav
    Options

The STP entity in GovConnect will only display the legal name of the entity as listed on the Australian Business Register (ABR) for the ABN. The reason for that is because when the STP entity is first created in GovConnect it verifies the ABN against the ABR and then returns the details for it.

In this case the legal entity name for ABN 74871011809 is DA & JM RYAN LEGAL PTY LTD & MCCORMACK LEGAL TRUST (according to the ABR listing here)

You can make changes to the company name that appears in GovConnect by selecting the edit button next to the name (screenshot below). However you need to ensure that the name in GovConnect reflects the legal name of the entity.

When it comes to entities with long names that don't fit within the character limit, there's some info on how to tackle that in the guide I'll link below -

Options

Rav,

You are genius. Thanks for your help

One last thing. How do I change the book name?

Cheers

• Rav
    Options

Sorry just to clarify, do you mean a Reckon One book name? Or something else?

Options

The one when you click Reckon GovConnect after changes made. I get this still