updating file from USB Backup

Options
1578712 Member Posts: 11

HI, I have a client that works on Reckon Enterprise on their laptop. I have a backup from Reckon Enterprise and I am trying to upload it to their Hosted file.

I have done this before but it won't work this time. I have opened the clients file in hosted, but when I try to upload it into Hosted, it starts to to upload and then says "upload failed".

What am I doing wrong.

Thanks

DJS

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi DJS

Are you using Internet Explorer by any chance?

We've got a guide which I'll link below that has some info on how to solve that error message if you're using that specific browser -

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

Options

Thanks heaps, I'll give this a go. Ill let you know how it goes.

Cheers

DJS

Options

HI, Unfortunately this didn't work. I use Google Chrome.

Cheers

DJS

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @1578712

I have opened the clients file in hosted, but when I try to upload it into Hosted, it starts to to upload and then says "upload failed".

Sorry can I just clarify this part above from your opening post. You've mentioned you've opened the file in Hosted but then are trying to upload it. Are you able to clarify what you meant by "the file opened in Hosted"?

What type of backup file are you attempting to upload to Hosted? A .qbb or .qbm?

Can you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies and then retry the upload.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Rav
    Options

Sorry one other thing, are you attempting to upload the file to Hosted directly from the USB? If so, then I'd highly recommend that you copy the file to a local destination on your PC first eg. Desktop, My Documents etc and then upload.

Options

I have cleared the browser cache and cookies. Still couldn't get it to upload.

I already have an older file I have uploaded this way back in 2021.

I am trying to upload the last backup file from their computer from 1/5/22.

The file is a .qbb

Any other ideas how to do it?

thanks

• Rav
    Options

I think it might be worth having a chat with our technical support team at this stage so we can get a technician to take a look through this and if required perform a remote session to your PC.

If you can give the team a call on 1300 799 150 (AU) or 0800 933 666 (NZ) our tech team can take a look.

Options

thank you so much.

I will ring them shortly.

Cheers