Options
2»

Comments

• Grushenka
    Grushenka Member Posts: 2
    Options

Please see above the image of the error I am receiving

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Grushenka

The 'unexpected error' message appears when the email address that you are entering is not associated with any Reckon Accounts Hosted accounts.

Our dev team is working on making the on-screen messaging clearer for users who find themselves in the same situation and we hope to have that rolled out very soon.

In the meantime, if you give the Hosted support team a call on 1300 799 150 they'll be able to assist in getting your user name details to you.

Apologies for the confusion and hassle this has caused you today.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• NEILR
    NEILR Reckon Staff Posts: 29 Reckon Staff
    Options

We've just released a change around this, if you use the 'Forgotten Username' function, it will now email you a list of all users linked to your email (previously if you had multiple users linked to your email, you would need to contact support).

• vmss9group
    vmss9group Member Posts: 2
    Options

I've requested my username by entering my registered email address, but haven't received a response. How long should it take?

• Lee_8688889
    Lee_8688889 Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
    edited January 2023
    Options

rectified - disregard earlier message

• HooperAccountants
    HooperAccountants Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Rav

I also believe we have the same issue posted on this thread by Lab. We have 3 separate logins but do we need to create additional usernames for the other 2 & if so, how?

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,392 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi again everyone,

Just letting you all know Reckon Accounts Hosted has received some additional enhancements to its login security including the ability to use Multi-Factor Authentication. For full info check out the announcement on these new improvements linked below

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Anna Hopkins
    Anna Hopkins Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hi Rav

Following from your post back in January, I tightened my security by enabling MFA.

This morning I received an authentication code sent to my phone which was not me or our accountant trying to log in to our file.

Has there been any other reports of suspicious login attempts?

Apart from changing my password, is there anything else I should do?

Many Thanks, Anna

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Anna Hopkins

Thanks for calling this out. I've checked in with our teams and we haven't received any indication of any further suspicious activity in this regard.

Does anyone else in the business know/use the login to your Hosted account and/or its associated Reckon Portal account? ie. to login to the Reckon Accounts Hosted service itself (this is separate to a password on your file.)

When your accountant accesses your file, are they doing so by using their own RAH login or are they logging in using your credentials?

In regard to the Reckon Portal, if you use a Reckon Portal login registered under your Hosted user name/user ID, it uses the same MFA.

Just to be extra sure, I would highly recommend changing your Hosted login password as you've mentioned along with the password to any associated Reckon Portal accounts as well.

I'll a couple of resources below that outline how to change your Hosted login password and also Reckon Portal password -

Reckon Accounts Hosted

Reckon Portal

• Anna Hopkins
    Anna Hopkins Member Posts: 7
    Options

Thanks Rav

Our accountant uses my login, when I tried to set it up a while back to share the file with them I couldn't because there were no files listed in "Personal Company Files" in the home folder (Q: drive) of the selected user (me).

Is this something simple that I can change so the accountant has a separate login?