Enable MFA didn't allow phone number to be linked

Options
JenRowe
JenRowe Member Posts: 4

Hi,

This morning I clicked on Enable MFA in Hosted, but nothing happened. I then tried to just login as per usual, and a notification appeared asking for the MFA code - even though it didn't allow me to setup the MFA in the first place. I click on the Recovery code link and nothing happens. I can't login to Reckon now. Please help!

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @JenRowe

That sounds really odd. Is there anyone else in the business that uses your login that could have set it up today?

When you tried, did you you get up to the point from my screenshot below?

Regardless though, if you give our Hosted technical support team a call we can organise the removal of any MFA that is currently set on your Hosted account after a quick security check. Once its removed, you'll be able to set it up and assign your phone number to it.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JenRowe
    Options

Hi Rav,

Thank you for your response, no - i didn't get the notification you've included above...I clicked on Setup MFA and nothing happened. I'm currently on hold with Reckon Support so hopefully they can assist.

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,416 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Jen,

I just checked the support queue to see if I can track down your case and I can see that its just been completed in the last minute (which was good timing 😊) so if you try again when you can it should work without a hitch.

Either way, let me know how you get on.

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JenRowe
    Options

Thank you so much Rav, you are correct - problem solved and I can now log in!!!

• Rav
    Options

Good stuff, thanks for letting me know 👍