Uploading Jason STP report from Hosted to my portal.

Options
Cheryl Medley
Cheryl Medley Member Posts: 105

I have a new client who has been gifted to me by his retiring book keeper. Nui does his own pays in Reckon Hosted but book keeper does the STP reporting, etc. My Reckon Customer Portal is attached to my Reckon Payroll Premier (desk top) and although I do have Nui on my list now, I can't figure out how to get his STP report from Hosted to my portal. HELP??? I have already closed his old book keeper/BAS agent out so unless I get her to sign in again and take me off, I don't know how I am going to get his STP done for today's pay.

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi @Cheryl Medley

We'll need a bit more information specifically around the current setup to determine the best path forward for you. For example, which account owns the existing STP entity for this business ie. did your new client register the ABN/STP entity and then share it with the former bookkeeper for them to sent STP submissions OR did the former bookkeeper register the client's ABN in their own account themselves?

The first thing that would help is the ABN that you're trying to submit STP for with this new client and we can take it from there 🙂

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Cheryl Medley
    Options

Morning, Rav. I have just spoken with former bookkeeper. She sent STP submissions from Reckon Hosted using her e-mail address and password in the portal. Fortunately she is still connected and on the ball and has lodged last week's STP for me.

On Friday, I tried setting up the new client's e-mail address which then went to his phone for verification only for whatever reason, it didn't work. I have another client who does payroll through Reckon Hosted and his is easy, hence my thoughts to do the new one's the same way. If I put my work e-mail address and PW, it autmatically pulls up my desktop payroll clients. I have added the new one in there, but as I said, I can't upload his Jasn file.

Would it be possible for me to use my personal e-mail address to get the job done? I don't know how things work with the ATO from there, but I feel that since they don't have that information they won't get the reports in the right place….? I'll leave it with you for now and I'll wait for you to get back to me.

Thank you. Cheers, Cheryl BBS

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    edited February 2023
    Options

The best practice and ideal setup is;

Client sets up STP entity for their ABN in their own account ➡ Shares the STP entity to the bookkeeper/accountant's account ie. you will just login to your usual account and the STP entity will appear in your account as being shared with you. You'll then be able to send STP submissions on behalf of the client.

While I can't confirm anything as I don't have the ABN to check things on our end, based on what you've said so far, it sounds as though the former bookkeeper has registered and setup the client's ABN into their own account ie. under their own email address which adds a little complexity since they are effectively the ‘owner’ of that STP entity currently.

If thats the case then the ideal path forward from here is for a change of ownership to occur in order to move the existing STP entity for the client's ABN from the current account its in (former bookeeper) to an account that the client creates (under the client's email address). Once that is complete, the client can share the STP entity to you.

This method allows the client to own the STP entity since its their ABN but also provide you the necessary access to perform STP submissions from your usual account.

A change of ownership will require a signed statutory declaration from the owner of the ABN.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Cheryl Medley
    edited February 2023
    Options

It all sounds very complicated! I will share what you have advised with the former book keeper and ask her to do the above. In the meantime, the entity ABN is

93 621 359 779

if that's any help to you. I believe the normal procedure is that the owner (Nui) does the weekly pays, sets up the bank transfers, sends out the payslips, then book keeper (Sheila) does the STP reporting. And that will be me from this week, if I can get it all set up in time.

• Rav
    Options

I've probably explained it in a way that makes it sound complicated 🙈 but its actually pretty simple in reality once its setup 🙂

I've had a look at that ABN and as I expected its currently registered under an account belonging to Sheila so she is effectively the ‘owner’ of that STP entity.

So my explanation from above applies in this case. The ideal path forward would be;

• a change of ownership to occur that moves the STP entity from Sheila's account to a new account under Nui's email address (if they don't already have one they can create one at https://portal.reckon.com/).
    • Nui can then share the STP entity to you (info on how to share HERE)
    • You login to your usual account and send STP submissions for them using the STP entity they've shared to you

• Cheryl Medley
    Options

Would I be able to process the STP directly from Hosted through the portal that will be set up in Nui's name (his e-mail address and password)? If I can do it that way, it will save a few steps. I will be having access to his bank accounts (when he gets onto the bank!), I have full access to his Hosted account as I will be doing the book keeping there and I am his new BAS agent so I will be lodging his monthly BAS'.

I've just checked into the Reckon Customer Portal and tried using the account that I started setting up on Friday with Nui's e-mail address but it's still saying the e-mail hasn't been verified. And unfortunately this man is tricky to grab!

I'll send this new bit of info to Sheila as she will have to relinquish ownership, won't she?

• Rav
    Options

Sheila is the ‘owner’ of the STP entity since from the looks of it she created it exclusively in her own account however the person who needs to request the change of ownership is the owner of the ABN itself which in this case sounds like its Nui.

Would I be able to process the STP directly from Hosted through the portal that will be set up in Nui's name (his e-mail address and password)?

Yes you could but the change of ownership to move the existing STP entity from Sheila's account to Nui's account will need to occur first.

• Cheryl Medley
    Options

Thank you. I have sent the previouse conversations to Sheila and asked her to start the process. I'm not sure how she'll get Nui sorted to do his bit, but I'll leave it with her. Until that's sorted, I've asked her to continue doing the STP reporting.

I've looked at the process of ‘sharing’ and think I understand it, but it would be so much simpler if I can do it directly from Hosted. Just have to get his e-mail address sorted. He does have another one, but the one I entered is the one that the ATO has.

You have been a great help!