Payroll Premier - STP File Error - Your JSON object has some incorrect values.

Options
Alex_10836088
Alex_10836088 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭

Hi All - we're hitting an error we haven't seen before and finding very few previous issues in this forum relating to this one.

After submitting last week's STP to Reckon Gov Connect Portal, we get an error "Your JSON object has some incorrect values."

We've validated all data as best as possible checking for illegal non-ASCII characters, carriage returns etc and checked data related issues like invalid emails, incorrect dates, duplicate TFN etc etc (even though they'd generally give a more specific error).

I've compared to prior weeks and not finding anything unusual compared to those either.

I just can't find any issue. I'm wondering if there's a way of validating the file so that I can use process of elimination to try to weed out an employee that might be causing the error?

If I load a STP file to gov site with say only half the employees (manually, updated and I'd update the record count in header), am I able to upload the same file again later with more employees in it? ie does the newest file over-write the older ones?

Any other suggestions maybe?

Thanks

Answers

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Hi Alex

You've done some really awesome checks and troubleshooting on this already, good stuff! 🤩

I'll just add, can you take a look if you have any allowances added to the pay run with zero values against them (example below).

If so, and you're paying any of those allowances can you please add a value to them or if not, remove it from the payrun. Once that is done, recreate the STP .json file and send it through GovConnect again as normal.

It should go through normally after that but let me know how you get on

Cheers

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• Alex_10836088
    Options

Thanks Rav

I've just checked on this and we've had no changes to allowances from the weeks prior. The STP file does have several "empty" allowances as shown below, but these have always been there and allowed (unless something changed at ATO last week)?

I've confirmed also that those that have figures are positive numbers

This is what appears on JSON for empty allowances - same as every other week. Unfortunately, there's far too many though to remove to test this unless we know something has changed to prevent these being accepted

"AllowanceData" : [

{

"AllowanceType" : "Other",

"AllowanceOtherName" : "Supervisor",

"AllowanceAmount" : ""

}

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,409 Community Manager Community Manager
    Options

Let me see what I can find out about this Alex. Will come back to you

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

1093462 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I have the same issue, I tried the same remedy but when the file file is loaded through Govconnect the same error message comes up.

Fabian

• Adrienne
    Adrienne Member Posts: 6
    Options

I am having the same issue???

• Rav
    Options

Hi Alex & everyone,

Just wanted to get back to this one to add some additional context that I've just found out.

It turns out that there has indeed been a recent change somewhere along the infrastructure line specific to data transmission which has altered the acceptance of "AllowanceAmount" : "" in the .json file.

Here's what to do for now, if you have allowances included but aren't paying any ie. they are $0.00 you'll need to remove them from the pay run and then recreate the STP .json file and send it through GovConnect. It should go through normally after doing so.

Our teams are discussing potential next steps about this at the moment to see if there are any remedial steps we can implement somewhere in the process which I'll update you on if/when that becomes clearer. At this stage however the above step applies in regard to removing any $0.00 allowances.

• Alex_10836088
    Options

Thanks Rav

Will give this a go now and advise

• Alex_10836088
    Options

Hi Rav - I've sent you a private message but in a nutshell, removing the allowances with zero values seems to have fixed my issue :)

• Adrienne
    Adrienne Member Posts: 6
    Options

Mine didnt work I have given up. Any chance of getting a fix for the software?

• Rav
    Options

Hi @Adrienne

If you give our support team a buzz on 1300 137 657 or flick through a web ticket HERE one of our technicians should be able to assist you with this.