REVOKING MFA SMS AND USING GOOGLE CHROME AUTHENTICATOR

JANE_9714211
JANE_9714211 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Payroll Premier

I'm having trouble revoking MFA code sms and setting up Authenticator in Google Chrome.

When I follow the prompts, the scan QR code comes up with a message "Unrecognized QR Code". The other option "Manual Entry" is blank.

Could some please advise what the problem is? I rang technical support and unfortunately she wasn't able to help after many tried and failed attempts following her instructions. She said she would ring back but hasn't.

I need to set this up ASAP!

Thanks

Comments

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,190 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @JANE_9714211

Which browser extension are you using when trying to setup the authentication in Google Chrome? Are you following the steps outlined in our guide below?

While using a Chrome browser extension for authentication is possible, we'd recommend using a phone-based authentication app such as Google Authenticator or Microsoft Authenticator.

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JANE_9714211
    edited December 2023

Hi Rav,

I was advised to use Google Chrome, then click on "Extensions" and go the "Chrome Web Store" to download the Authenticator QR code icon. Having done all this and told to revoke the MFA code in the Reckon Customer Portal, I did that but it didn't work. The Authenticator QR is coming up with a message it's unrecognized. When I searched online, I found instructions but they said to go to GovConnect and revoke the MFA code. I tried that, and that didn't work either.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,190 Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @JANE_9714211

At the moment I can see that your account still has MFA associated with it so that's the first thing we need to take care of.

You've mentioned it didn't work when you tried to revoke it. What happened there specifically? How did you try to revoke it? Do you still have access to the current MFA source? In this case it sounds like that is SMS, is that correct?

To revoke an existing MFA on your account, you'll need to do so via the steps outlined here 👇

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.

• JANE_9714211

Hi Rav,

I tried the link and followed the prompts. I'm still unable to successfully revoke the MFA code.

I revoke it but the Authenticator QR Code doesn't allow me to Scan Qr Code or use the Manual Entry option.

I think I will need someone from your team to contact me tomorrow to sort this out.

Thanks.

• Rav

Thanks for getting back to me @JANE_9714211

Ok, if you're still not having any luck then we can organise removal of the current MFA from your account on our end. Give our tech support team a call when you have a moment and they can organise this for you after a quick security check.

Cheers

• JANE_9714211

Hello Rav,

I have contacted the tech support team and they are working on it now.

Thanks for your help.

• Rav

Morning Jane

The existing MFA should now be revoked. The next time you try to login you'll be asked to setup MFA again which you can then use to setup via the Chrome extension.

• JANE_9714211
    edited December 2023

Hi Rav,

I noticed the MFA has been revoked but I still can't get into the Reckon Customer Portal unless I request a code and it's still going to my phone. I get a new MFA recovery number.

I really need someone from your team to contact me to sort this out. I've emailed and had no replies.