Unrecoverable Error 13656 92620 ReckonAccounts Premier: accountant edition 2013

Dana s
Dana s Member Posts: 4
edited February 2019 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just installed REckonAccounts Premier: accountant edition 2013 on a local machine & am getting unrecoverable error (code 13656 92620) and the program closes. I've tried uninstall & reinstall, changing the UAC settings, deleting memorised transactions, verify & repair data with no luck. The first few transactions of the day always work without any problems but after 10 mins or so the problem occurs. I am using windows 8. This is causing us to have difficulty working for clients so your urgent assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Jamaiel_6490508
    Jamaiel_6490508 Reckon Staff Posts: 74 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2014
    Hi Dana,

Welcome to Reckon Community!

Sorry to hear about what is happening on your Reckon Accounts 2013. Is it possible to do a test by opening the Sample Company and use it for 10 minutes or so to see if it happens the same?

And if the file is on a network, can you move it to your local Desktop and do the test too?

And did you notice any particular instance it actually crashes? Like when entering what transactions, printing/emailing? Using which Items, Accounts, or Names or even using particular Tax Codes? If there is a common thing with this, if identified, can it be replicated immediately by using them again?

Kindly let us know what happens afterwards.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel
  • Dana s
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Jamaiel, I've been working in the sample file for 20 minutes or so (basic txns only) and haven't had the problem yet.
    In my company data file the problem seems to happen only when clicking save & close after entering a transaction but happens on all transactions including write cheques, deposits, transfers, pay bills etc etc and occasionally when refreshing a report that has been open in the background while processing other transactions.
    When I go back into the file after its been closed down the transaction has been saved correctly so it doesn't need to be re-entered but then the problem will happen again on the next transaction.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
  • Jamaiel_6490508
    edited February 2014
    Hi Dara,

Have you tried moving a copy of the Company File on your local Desktop and testing it?

A major similarity with the transactions you mentioned uses a Bank Account. Can you do a dummy transaction in writing a cheque with the particular Bank Account used when the issue is encountered? If issue is replicated, change the Bank Account and see if issue repeats.

The aim is identify which item, account, or name that may be causing the issue. If it can be replicated using those same information, and it does not occur if changed, then you have found the culprit?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel
  • Dana s
    edited February 2014
    Hi Jamaiel,

The company is already on a local (non-network) machine and without doing a new install on another stand-alone machine I can't do any additional testing in that regard.

Based on your suggestion I have done some more testing and have been entering transactions on another bank account - it seems to happen the majority of the time when I have a quick report (bank statement) open in the background and/or press the refresh button on a report.

It is happening on more than one account though, not just the original one I was working on when the problem started.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
    Dana
  • Jamaiel_6490508
    edited February 2014
    Hi Dana,

Sorry for mistyping your name on the last post.

As a start, you may want to create a Portable File backup and restore this and use as your Company File.

If issue recurred, then do a merging of your Bank Account. Before following the steps, please create a Backup of your Company File first. Take note that this will also affect your Reconciled Transactions and may need to re-reconcile again.
    • Go to List | Chart Of Accounts
    • Right-click and New
    • Create a new Bank Type of account i.e. Bank2
    • Once created, edit the old Bank Account
    • Rename to Bank2
    • It will prompt you that the name exist and if you wish to Merge?
    • Select YES
    Hope it helps!

Kind Regards,

Jamaiel
  • Dana s
    edited February 2014
    Hi Jamaiel,

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately neither of those things have solved the problem.

I've been working on the data file again this morning and it seems that the issue happens whenever I record a transaction on an account while a quick report on that account is open in the background. It doesn't seem to happen if there is no quick report on that account open OR a quick report on another account (not being used in the transaction) is open.

I will be able to work around this but a patch to resolve the issue going forward would be terrific - other people must be experiencing the same issue?

Thanks,

Dana
  • Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2019
    Hi Dana,

Thank you again for your post.

Yes you are correct of the origin of error. We are aware of this issue and it exists in Reckon Accounts 2013 release only where editing transaction through a Report crashes. However, editing transaction outside of Reports will be fine. It seems like an issue with the Report module. Our Developers are working on it as high priority and hopefully this will be rectified in the next 2014 release which is coming in about 2 months.

Thanks

Ifti
  • Julia Gajewski
    Julia Gajewski Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    Hi

A couple of weeks ago my system was upgraded to Reckon Accounts Premier Edition  2014 and error 13656 83404 is occurring when I refresh my accounts receivable report.  This error did not occur with the previous version.

Regards Julia
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Julia, welcome to the Reckon Community. Please try the suggestions above. If this does not resolve your issue this may require one-to-one assistance from tech support or a Reckon partner.