double entries of receipts

Leanne Lovett
Leanne Lovett Member Posts: 4
I have produced receipts for payments and then enter activities from the bank statement. This causes a double up of the entry. Is there away around this. Many thanks

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Leanne,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Could you please outline the exact steps and functions used in your whole process?

It does sound as if you are entering the transaction twice.

regards,
    John

• Leanne Lovett
    edited February 2014
    Its our Treasurer who is actually doing it.  What happened was our President did a sales receipt for each donation or payment we received.  Then the Treasurer has gone through the bank account and also placed those entries in.  Now there is 2 entries which will not balance.  We would like to remove the bank statement entry.

Thanks

Leanne
  • Leanne Lovett
    edited February 2014
    Its our Treasurer who is actually doing it.  What happened was our President did a sales receipt for each donation or payment we received.  Then the Treasurer has gone through the bank account and also placed those entries in.  Now there is 2 entries which will not balance.  We would like to remove the bank statement entry.

Thanks

Leanne
  • Robin Rickard
    Robin Rickard Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2014
    Hi Leanne,

You can void the second transaction.

You need to open the second transaction, go to the Edit drop down menu, and select Void transaction.

This will give the second transaction a zero balance, and enable you to continue with your reconciliation.  I would recommend entering a memo of 'Duplicate Transaction Entered' with your initials, in case you are looking at the transaction in the future and need help identifying it.

Perhaps you could try implementing a system where one person enters the transactions and the other reconciles them.

Any missing transactions would be discovered in the reconcile window.

I hope this assists you.

Rob
    e:rob@calculation.com.au
  • Leanne Lovett
    edited February 2014
    I cannot see any of that.  Is it the same with Easy Start?
  • Robin Rickard
    edited February 2014
    Hi Leanne,

EasyStart still has a void feature in the Edit drop down menu.

What are the two transaction types for the duplicated transaction?

Ie, Invoice and Receive Payment, and a Sales Receipt?

Rob

• Robin Rickard
    edited February 2014
    Hi Leanne,

Further to this, the void functionality is only available from the actual transaction, not the reconciliation window.

You need to open the duplicate transaction to be able to void.

I hope this assists you.

Rob
  • Jenni Proctor
    Jenni Proctor Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2019
    Thank you.  That was so helpful.  This community has the best answers and is the best thing about Reckon :-)