Update from Quicken Personal Plus 2007.

Options
David Leong
David Leong Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
I would like to know if I install Personal Plus 2013 on a new Windows 8.1 PC, can I transfer the data from my existing Windows XP PC which is running Quicken Personal Plus 2007. Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey David,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Reckon Community!

You will be able to import your Personal Plus 2007 data file into Reckon Personal Plus 2013.

As Personal Plus 2013 was released before Windows 8.1, it is not optimised for this operating system. There can be some difficulties installing, due to permissions on windows. If you see the link below it can help with installation.

https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/reckon_accounts_windows_8_0_8_1_ie10_11

Let me know how you go!

Thanks,
    Mirko

• David Leong
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thanks Mirko

All seems good so far except that I have lost all my share prices prior to the upgrade. How can I restore them?

Cheers

David
  • Hoang
    Hoang Alumni Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hi David,

Please see the following instructions on how to get the price history back into your data file.

Go back to your old pc where the data file is stored, look for a file called xxxx.qph then copy & paste it to where you save the data file on the new pc. Re-open Reckon Accounts and the share prices history should be there.

Let me know how you go.

Regards,
    Hoang
  • David Leong
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hi Hoang

Thanks. This works.

However, it overwrites the new data that I have been downloading for the past 2 weeks since I installed the upgrade. Is there any way of merging the new and old .qph files, except for entering the share prices manually?

regards

David
  • Hoang
    Hoang Alumni Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Hi David,

Unfortunately you cannot merge two .qph files together, you will need to pick one to use and manually entering the rest in.

Regards,
    Hoang
  • David Leong
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Thanks Hoang

I thought that would be the case!