Welcome to the brand new Reckon Community!

For some tips on getting started check out the 'About Reckon Community' section

Reckon Accounts 2014 Out Today!

MirkoMirko Alumni Posts: 2,601 ✭✭
What’s new in Reckon Accounts 2014?

It’s a pleasure to announce to you our latest version of our accounts software, Reckon Accounts 2014, is ready for purchase. Below I have included the new features and enhancements found on Reckon Accounts 2014.

Barcode column in Purchase Order
In Reckon Accounts 2014 (Accounting and above) we have introduced the feature for you to scan items into Purchase Orders via their barcodes.

BankData Integration  (Available 11th April 2014)
Keep your Reckon Accounts up to date with your latest transactions. With this feature you are able to sync your bank account to your Reckon software, allowing for live feeds of transactions to be downloaded.

Simple Chart of Accounts

We’re all about simplicity! In Reckon Accounts 2014 (Accounting and above) we have introduced a new simple chart of accounts, especially for small businesses to use. It’s as easy as selecting simple Chart of during the company setup stage via the EasyStart wizard (see screenshot below).

Superannuation inclusion

In Reckon Accounts 2014, a new window has been added to the Wage payroll item wizard, as shown below.
This window eliminates the need for the user to open every Super item and add the Wage item to it. Now when setting up a new Wage payroll item they can simply tick the Super items that affect it.

Leave Accrual and Leave Balance Report

Reckon Accounts 2014 (Plus and above) has been enhanced so that the paycheque reflects the true leave values as they were at the time when the paycheque was produced.

•    Historical pay slips and cheques will show the current leave at that date.
•    Any leave reports created in the past show the available leave at that date.
•    If any changes are made to historical pay, the leave updates and reflects in reports and subsequent pays.

Note: After upgrade please do not change your historical pays. This may cause issues with your pays.

Search in Item List

Search item list will be expanded to Reckon Accounts Pro and Premier in the 2014 release. You will be able to search items in an easy and convenient fashion (see screenshot below). This feature was previously exclusive to Reckon Accounts Enterprise.

ODBC Driver

Get more from your accounts package. Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) is a standard that allows different applications to communicate and exchange data with each other. Use ODBC driver to design your own reports, personalise invoices, create mail merges, etc. In Reckon Accounts 2014, the ODBC driver is provided for Reckon Accounts Pro and above and is installed automatically.

New Zealand Payroll Items

In Reckon Accounts 2014 (Plus and above), more default payroll items are included when a New Zealand company file is set up.

New Zealand IR345 Report

New Zealand employers use the IR 345 report to record and pay deductions from their employees to the IRD. Reckon Accounts 2014 (Plus and above) has been updated to electronically generate the IR 345 report. The access point for the IR345 report remains the same as the access point for the IR348 which is the Employees dropdown menu and then via the Process IRD Reports option.

EMS checker

The EMS checker has been renamed to Reckon NZ Payroll E-File Checker. It has been updated for the IR345.

I'm pretty stoked with the Live Bank Feeds, as I'm a big fan of anything which is automated (don't we all love doing less?). Are there any features your excited about?

Cheers,
Mirko

Comments

• Brendan MicallefBrendan Micallef Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2015
    Thanks Mirko,

Sounds Great,

How do we update? Will it be posted or can we download, I am annual license user.

Brendan

• MirkoMirko Alumni Posts: 2,601 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Brendan,

I've had a little play with it and it really is great!

Annual license holders will receive an email with download link and registration details in coming days.

Should you wish to download the product sooner, give our customer service team a call on 1800 RECKON and they can take care of the rest!

Let me know how you find it!

Cheers!
  • Bec RansomBec Ransom Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Is the new release compatible with the new super stream requirements?
  • Brendan MicallefBrendan Micallef Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2014
    How do we connect to our banks via Bankdata?

Thanks, 

Brendan.
    edited November 2015
    Hi,

Bec - Superlink (https://www.isuperlink.com.au/Default.aspx) is our electronic Super payment platform and it will be compliant with all Super Stream requirements.

Brendan - we will be posting up a step by step guide on how to set up the bank feed shortly. Thanks for your interest.

Thanks,
    Mirko

• Myleen ReyesMyleen Reyes Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    Hi, Mirko. Just want to ask, if i'm using Quickbooks Pro v6 can I switch to Reckon account premier 2014? What do I use to convert my .qbb file to .qbw for 2014. Thanks, Myleen Reyes
    edited November 2015
    Hey Myleen,

You most certainly can upgrade to RA2014 from QuickBooks v6. To make your files compatible, you would first need to upgrade your data file to QuickBooks v7.4 and then to QuickBooks 07/08 before opening it in RA14. A copy of both is provided on the installation disk under the Resources/Convert16 folder.

Should you have any difficulties with upgrading, the Reckon Data Services team may be able to help you with this upgrade as they offer a Data Upgrade service.  I suggest opening a case with them by filling out the web form on this webpage: http://home.reckon.com.au/support/Home/ReckonSupport/ReckonDataServices.aspx

Thanks,
    Mirko

• ElisabethElisabeth Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2014
    You said 5 days ago that you will be posting up a step by step guide on how to set up the bank feed, when do you think this will take place?  I have now upgraded and am ready to take this next exciting step :)
  • Trevor WatsonTrevor Watson Member Posts: 80
    edited April 2014
    When does the email with link go out - still waiting for mine.
    edited November 2015
    Elisabeth - Sorry about the delay, and thanks for your patience. Long weekend must have got the better of me, working on it as we speak, post should be up in the coming days.

Trevor, if you are a subscription member and are yet to receive your email, please contact 1800 RECKON, they'll be happy to sort you out!

Thanks,
    Mirko

• Trevor WatsonTrevor Watson Member Posts: 80
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Mirko - got the email this morning - downloading as I write.
  • Silverstone IncenseSilverstone Incense Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    I downloaded the upgrade last week - all fine on the my pc with company file but the networked computer cannot read the company file at all.  Had my networking guy come and check it but network is fine and we can access everything else except the company file... and yes... it is on multi-user.  The error message says the firewall settings need to be changed and have even turned the firewall off and still doesn't work.  Also started in safe mode and still doesn't access it.  At a loss to know what to do.  Now that we have specifically networked the two computers to run Reckon Accounts simultaneously, my boss is freaking out he can't access it. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Timm LangeTimm Lange Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Hi Mirko, 
    I just tried to upgrade my Reckon Accounts and recieved the following error code: 1324 - the new path folder contains an invalid character. Can you help please.
  • Bob RonaiBob Ronai Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2014
    I've downloaded the file - took 45 minutes! - and after unzipping the files and inserting the installation keyt I get a screen telling me that the installation was interrupted before Reckon Accounts could be installed. What the... !

Can't Reckon get their software fully tested before issuing it?
    edited November 2015
    Hey Tim,

This error implies that there maybe “Files in use.  Some files that need to be updated are in use” when trying to uninstall my QuickBooks?  It specifies 3 files:

1. QuickBooks Database Server Manager (Process Id: 3504)
    2. QuickBooksDBxx (Process Id: 1324)
    3. Windows r installer (Process Id: 3528)

xx relates to your version of QuickBooks:
    17 - 2008/09
    18 - 2009/10
    19 - 2010/11 etc

To resolve this problem, you would need to follow the steps below;

Click on the Ignore button to continue with the uninstall.

If the problem persists, stop the QuickBooks service that is still running.

1.    Ensure QuickBooks is not running

2.    Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services;

3.    Scroll down the list to the QuickBooks Services.  You will see either of:

a.    QuickBooksDBxx

b.    QBCF Monitor Services

c.    QuickBooks Database Manager Service;

4.    Stop all the QuickBooks services that are still showing as Started:

a.    Right-click the service and select Properties;

b.    Under Service Status, click on Stop then OK;

c.    Close the Services window.

You should be able to install Quickbooks.

Thanks,
    Mirko
  • Silverstone IncenseSilverstone Incense Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Any chance I can get a reply Mirko?

edited November 2015
    Hey Silverstone,

I've had a chat with our tech guys, who advised this error only occurs when there is an issue with firewall settings. This link may help with setting up the firewall to be compatible with multi-user mode: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=220

Should this not resolve the issue, it might be best for you(or your network guy) to contact our technical support line.

Thanks,
    Mirko

edited November 2015
    Hey Bob,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

If you are receiving the "installation interrupted" error please try the following steps;

Step 1: Copy the installation disk to a folder on your C-drive:

Step 2: Show Hidden Files and folders

Step 3: Switch to Selective Start up

Step 4: Enable the Built-in Administrator

Step 5: Install Reckon Accounts 2014

Step 6: After installing and activating, revert your PC to Normal mode

All should run as per normal.

Should you need further help on how to perform the above steps, please see this knowledge base article: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=5107

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Mirko

?
    edited April 2014
    Mirko, I've wasted two hours on this already and I really don't have time to continue stuffing around delving into my computer's settings. I have a business to run. When will Reckon release a corrected version that will correctly install on all Win & Pro machines?
  • Timm LangeTimm Lange Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    Mirko,
    No joy...

This is what it all looks like... and I don't have an ignore option.

This is extremely frustrating are you able to offer any other solutions?

edited November 2015
    Bob- Sorry to hear about your trouble, the software is compatible with all versions tested and certified in our guides. This though certainly does not mean that each machine have the same prerequisite or configured to what the installation would require, hence some users may face issues while installing due to machine configurations or conflicting software. Please try the steps above alternatively you may wish to contact our technical support line.

Tim - Sorry to hear that those steps did not resolve the matter for you. For imediate support it might be an idea to give our technical support team a call. I will pass on your screen shots to our tech staff to investigate further.

Thanks,
    Mirko

edited April 2014
    Mirko, I've had no trouble with your software all through about fifteen years of updates until the 2014 version. The 2013 version has been working fine on this same machine. So it would seem that your software geniuses have missed something in writing the new 2014 version. If you know that it sometimes spits its dummy with Win7 Pro then you should not have released it until it was fixed. It's a bit like buying the latest model of a car and being told it won't work correctly if the driver's seat is in a particular position when driving in a particular suburb. Your software is designed for Win7 so it should work, simple as that.
  • LaxLax Alumni Posts: 89
    edited November 2015
    Hi Timm,

Sorry to hear about that and thank you for the screen shots.

What is the name of the folder where all the installation files are located in.

Are you logged in as the administrator of the machine?

Keep me posted

- Lax

• Terry FirthTerry Firth Member Posts: 13
    edited September 2014
    Hello Mirko,
    Just installed 2014 but picked up a year old backup in error. If I uninstall will this get me back to 2013? If so how do I do this?
    Thanks Terry
  • Michael BednarekMichael Bednarek Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    A "gotcha" I ran into: on the server, the newly created user QBDataServiceUser23 must be given the same access rights as QBDataServiceUser22 had (modify access to the QuickBooks Data Share).

Question: Is the user QBDataServiceUser22 still needed or can it now be deleted from Active Directory? And why are the Quickbook services installed on workstations?

• craigcraig Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2015
    Just a question.  What versions are considered "above Pro" and therefore get the ODBC?
    edited November 2015
    Hey there, the versions above Pro are Premier and then the top of the range Enterprise. Cheers, Mirko
  • ElisabethElisabeth Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    Just following up on the step by step guide on how to set up the bank feed.  You had posted you were working on it as we speak and the post should be up in the coming days.  Did I miss it?  If so, can you please post again, or point me in the right direction to finding it.  Thanks

• LaxLax Alumni Posts: 89
    edited November 2015
    Hi Michael,

QBDataServiceUser23  must have full access to the folder the data file is located in.

If you're not using the previous version you can remove QBDataServiceUser22 from the Active Directory.

The services are installed on the workstation when you select Install Reckon accounts with Database server Manager during the installation process. you can disable those services for multi-user access.

Cheers

Lax
  • Stuart SummervilleStuart Summerville Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2014
    I'm with Elizabeth... more info on bank account integration and those "live bank feeds" please!

I'm sure the guts of the method could be explained in a few sentences, for those of us who've already setup the obvious settings.