Unrecoverable error w/ Reckon Accounts 2014

Thomas Lau
Thomas Lau Member Posts: 4
edited October 2017 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
We have upgrade QuickBook Enterprise 2012-13 to Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2014 but facing a problem: Reckon Accounts - unrecoverble error dialog box always prompt up and the Reckon Accounts shutdown. It is continues to happen . Please advise.

BTW, I wonder to know the Accounts Enterprise 2014 OS requirement , I find that it is not support windows 2003 smb.

Comments

• Palak
    Palak Alumni Posts: 37
    edited January 2015
    Hi Thomas,

Welcome on Reckon Community.
    May I know, what activity are you performing on Reckon Accounts and you are getting Unrecoverable Error. Meanwhile you can Verify and Rebuild data file please.
    To do that go to File-->Utilities-->Verify  and then File-->Utilities-->Rebuild

To check Reckon Accounts Enterprise 2014 System Requirement, please click on the link below
    http://www.reckonaccountsenterprise.com.au/AccountsEnterprise/Productinformation/Technicalinformation.aspx

Let see how does you go
    Thank you
    Palak
  • Thomas Lau
    edited May 2014
    Hi Palak

In below installation guide , it tells me it can install in windows server 2003 and only Windows small business server 2003 not support.

http://downloads.reckon.com.au/ReckonAccounts%202014%20Installation%20and%20Upgrade%20Guide.pdf

But in your given link, there is no mention about windows server 2003 is support or not. So it make me confuse.

For unrecoverable error , The crashes occur when trying to either complete a transaction such as a new sales order or creating an invoice or even when a screen such as Open Sales Orders by Item is performing a refresh when a new sales order is added or when an invoice has been created. 

Regards
    Thomas
  • Palak
    edited January 2015
    Hi Thomas,
    Does this happening to you only or causing to other users also?

Can you Change the window by selecting  View > One Window(if multiple window selected) or switch to Multiple window (if One window selected).

Let see does this works or not crashing the Reckon Account 2014 again, if it crashes again then
    try the Verify and Rebuild as I have mentioned before.

Let see how does this go

Thank you
    Palak
  • Thomas Lau
    edited May 2014
    Hi Palak

1) It is causing to all users.
    2) I have try Verify and Rebuild last night but no luck, it still crash.
    3) I am asking our user to try your advice will update you later.
    4) please confirm that does Reckon Account 2014 can run on windows server 2003 or not.

Regards
    Thomas

• Palak
    edited January 2015
    Hi Thomas,
    It should work on windows server 2003.

Thank you
    Palak
  • Westy
    Westy Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    I am having the same problems !! Very frustating
  • Thomas Lau
    edited May 2014
    Hi Palak

We have try "Change the window by selecting  View > One Window(if multiple window selected) or switch to Multiple window (if One window selected)" but fail. Please advise what we can do in next step.

Regards
    Thomas

• Tiana Paech
    Tiana Paech Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I am facing the same issue as Tom. The unrecoverable error seems to occur on attempts to create or open an existing sales order but also on the rare occasion when saving invoices. This error can occur up to 10 times a day if not more.
    I was also advised to change the window view but again still no luck!
    Could you please suggest another solution to resolve this matter as it is becoming extremely frustrating and time consuming!
    It has been suggested to uninstall and reinstall Reckon but I am hoping there is another option I can try before I give this a go...
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Tiana, I would first try to open a sample file and see if you get the same errors. This would isolate whether issue lies with the installation or the data file itself (at which point you could try the verify & rebuild suggestion above). - Mirko
  • Sherilee_6947498
    Sherilee_6947498 Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2015
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Entering bills into reckon and it keeps coming up with an unrecoverable error.. Entering bills into reckon and it keeps coming up with an unrecoverable error. tells me to shut down. I have done that three times and still comes up with the same error
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Sherilee, see my response to Tiana above. Cheers, Mirko.
  • Suzy Johnston
    Suzy Johnston Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    I am getting the same error message all the time. As soon as i am creating a new sales order or trying to close one off. It happens so many times a day and is so frustrating and time consuming. Please advise on what to do to stop this happening. I have never had a problem until upgrading to the 2014.