how do I delete a company file?

Richard Grove
Richard Grove Member Posts: 1
edited August 2019 in Accounts Hosted
I have created a number of company files while testing hosted - how do I access the Q drive to delete them?

Comments

• vinia
    vinia Alumni Posts: 53
    edited April 2019
    Hello Richard, Thank you for using Reckon Community. Please make sure that you do a backup of your actual file before following the steps below. And please be very careful of deleting a file. Once the file has been deleted, we cannot recover it for you for free. A request needs to be done if retrieval is needed and it should be within the 3 months period from the current date. 1. In the Program click File menu - open or restore an existing company 2. click - open a company file (.QBW) 3. if you see the file you need to delete - right click it to highlight 4. then press the delete key from the keyboard. Again, please be very careful in doing this to prevent data lost. Confirm delete if the right file is chosen. And Again, please do a backup of your actual file. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with. Kind Regards, Vinia
  • Julie_6909378
    Julie_6909378 Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2014
    I am trying to do these steps from my Macbook pro but when I press the delete button I get set to a screen showing all the drives.

Also how do you edit a file name, double right clicking on the name no longer works.

regards

Julie
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Julie, welcome to the community. I just ran some tests on my iMac and worked it out (took a while, but after some head scratching I figured it out!), highlight the file you wish to delete (right click) then whilst it is highlighted press fn+Command+Delete, this will result in a pop up which asks you to confirm the delete. Best of luck & please let me know how you go! - Mirko
  • Julie_6909378
    edited September 2014
    Thanks Mirko, that works well.
    Any suggestions on editing a file name?

Julie
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Julie, after highlighting, it's either fn+command+F2 or fn+F2 (pretty sure you need Command).
  • Julie_6909378
    edited September 2014
    The fn + command + F2 worked well
    Thanks for your prompt reply!

Julie
  • Lee_8688889
    Lee_8688889 Member Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi, I'm trying to delete a company file that was set up but never used. I've tried following the steps provided by Vinia as well as using the fn + command +F2 (as I'm using a Mac) BUT none of those have worked.

I realise this is an old post. Is there a newer proven way that anyone has found?

Many thanks

• Rav
    Rav Administrator, Reckon Staff Posts: 15,305 Community Manager Community Manager

ℹ️ Stay up to date with important news & announcements for your Reckon software! Click HERE for more info.