Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 backup error message

Mark_6937088
Mark_6937088 Member Posts: 5
edited August 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I've been using Quicken/Reckon Personal Plus for years.

But recently,in Reckonaccounts Personal Plus 2013 I keep I keep getting an error message when I want to do a back up " unable to open datafile.(location of file)....."

But when I sign out and sign back in, I can then do the Backup.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Mark

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Mark, welcome to the community and thank you for your post. As a troubleshooting step I would suggest opening an alternate data file (or a sample file) and trying the same step. If the same error occurs, we can cross of a data file corruptions, if it does not, then it would best to perform a rebuild. Let me know how you go.

Thanks, Mirko
  • Mark_6937088
    edited June 2014
    Hi Mirko
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    This error message only occurs with one data file.

How do I Rebuild ? (I couldn't find this in Help.)

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    No troubles Mark, check this article out regarding troubleshooting datafile corruptions: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=3162 Be warned though, you might want to grab a coffee (or your favourite beverage) and cancel your appointments for the next hour so, as it is a little lengthy haha!

?
  • Mark_6937088
    edited June 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013 backup error message. I keep getting error messages in Reckonaccounts Personal Plus 2013 when I want to back up
    " unable to open datafile......."
    or "unable to open source file"
    But it's OK when I sign out and then sign in again

Does anyone know how to fix this?