printer size problem printing 1/4 A4 page size

SIngot
SIngot Member Posts: 4
edited February 20 in Accounts Hosted
Printing from reckon on line all my pages will only print 1/4 size of A4. I am using a cannon mx895. It seems to be a problem between software and printer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer twice. Reckon prints fine to all other printers and all other programs print fine from this printer. Cannon say its a software compatibility issue.Help ??

Comments

• Jason Beaven
    Jason Beaven Alumni Posts: 17
    edited December 2016
    Hi Slngot,

Welcome to the community.

(Logout of Reckon Accounts Hosted if you're logged in)

-First go to the login page https://www.reckononline.com.au/login/ and select Manage my Account then Delete Print File.
    -Log back into Hosted and test again.
    -If you are printing a invoice template please try another one to see if it's a corrupt template, if so create a new one.

-Once you have followed the above you to search the Canon website for a PostScript driver and install that with their instructions and then try to print again.

-Workaround. Save the invoice or report as pdf or install a free 3rd party pdf driver and print to that driver as a printer.

Hope that helps.

Jason.
  • SIngot
    edited January 2017
    Hi jason, thank you i tried all of that and it doesn't work. Saving every file that i need to print  pdf is unmanageable on an hourly basis. It works with my other two printers so ? Buy a second hand printer that i know its compatible with???
    thanks Sarah 
  • Jason Beaven
    edited December 2016
    Hi Slngot,

I would suggest to use the 2 that are working or they are used by other people then to purchase a 2nd hand version of the same model if possible.

Regards,

Jason.
  • SIngot
    edited August 2014
    Well the reason that you buy the online version is so it can be used from multiple locations, so obviously if i was in the location of the working printers i would use them. I find it hard to believe that the best suggestion is to buy a 6 year old printer that it works with. Do you have a list of compatible printers that you can guarantee work as I have just purchased this printer to work with reckon. 
  • Jason Beaven
    edited December 2016
    Hi Slngot,

Yes that's true, you purchase for multiple locations and portability. My assumption was that you were always going back to the office where the printers are working to pick up the prints during the day. I also can't tell from this conversation that your printers were 6 years old so that's not a suggestion based on your feedback. Unfortunately we don't have a compatibility list as there are thousands of models that customers could potentially use and would be impossible to test.

May I suggest to give support a call for a one on one conversation about your current printing issues.

Regards,

Jason.
  • Christopher Campbell
    Christopher Campbell Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    Back when I was kid (Before I was 14) and we got our first printer and second desktop,
    I use play to around with computers (More so not afraid to use it) and loved using Windows XP Paint. One day I had to make a title page for school (Used the things I drew) and though the preview showed me it was going to print on one page, it printed 1/4 (A quarter) on each page (4 pages).

I later realize there was a 2 options on Paint and one was Fit-to-Page (Other was Percentage) so today (As I was having problems and didn't find a solution) I tried that option and it worked (I was able to choose Side Option = 3.5in x 5in (4 Pics)  and Page Layout = Fit-to-Page).

The 2 last pictures are previews that Canon produced the correct preview unlike the Print Preview in first Picture as it doesn't change wither you choose 4 to page or Fit to page in Page Setup and 3.5in x 5n (4pics).

I know this is old, but yeah I couldn't find solution until remembered the days of XP...oh how I missed your non buried options...I'm 23 and they gave us Windows 10

imageimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.