Discrepancy on Reportable Super on Employment Summary

113396 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I have just installed Premier 14/15. I am in the process of  doing payment summaries for employees. One employment summary does not have the right reportable super on the payment summary, but it is right on P&L and payroll summary. It is only a small amount difference. I cannot seem to find where the discrepancy lies. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Graham Boast
    Graham Boast Accredited Partner Posts: 331 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited October 2018
    Hi

This is an issue that occurs in certain circumstances when a pay is edited after creation.  

To find:
    • Run a Payroll summary for the financial year
    • Double click on the Total column for the Salary Sacrifice Super Items - this will generate a "Transactions by Payroll Item" Report
    • Modify Report, the select RESC Amount in columns
    • When the report regenerates, look for RESC values of zero against non-zero payments.

To Fix
    • Double click on the transaction
    • Note Net Amount
    • Paycheck Details button then Unlock Net Pay
    • Add an additional line in the Other Payroll Items box and replicate the Salary Sacrifice line.
    • Select the original Salary Sacrifice line then Ctrl-Delete to delete the line
    • Check the net pay hasn't changed
    • OK
    • Save and close - you will get a message saying "you have changed the transaction. Do you want to record your changes." > Yes
    • Now recheck the report (refresh if required). The amount should now be showing in the RESC column
    • Reprint Payment Summaries and regenerate Empdupe
    Graham Boast
    Reckon Accredited Consultant
    graham@reckonhelp.com.au
    www.reckonhelp.com.au/remotesupport

Graham Boast | 0409 317366 | graham@reckonhelp.com.au

• Sarah Fullerton
    Sarah Fullerton Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PAYG Summaries - amount in the RESC field should be blank. I have just installed Payroll Premier 2014/15 and when I print the PAYG Summaries there is an amount in the RESC field on the Summary which is incorrect. It should be blank. If I run the PAYG Summaries in Payroll Premier 2013/2014 they are correct. Please help
    113396 Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    THANK YOU Graham - It worked!!! You are legend!

• Angela_6970362
    Angela_6970362 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 2013/14 payment summaries. I didn't complete my payment summaries prior to installing 2014/15 and now I have discrepancies between gross payments on my reconciliation report and the payment summaries. Can anyone help me with fixing my error/ brain explosion?
  • Cathi P
    Cathi P Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2014
    Thanks to your posted solution Graham, I was able to fix my issue while waiting on hold for Tech Support! I spent some time last night looking for somewhere that would show me the RESC and didn't even think of looking in the columns section list.

My next option was to modify every pay for the year until I found the two making the error - so THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  • Cathi P
    Cathi P Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2014
    Hi Angela, hopefully someone will come in with a better solution, but I imagine you will need to use the final backup you made before upgrading to open in the older version. If that works then only upgrade after you have completed the PAYG Summaries & Empdupe, etc.

(The upgrade has different tax amounts, so tax and net will be different, and other things like RESC may be too.)