Reckon Personal Plus 2013 crashes whilst trying to customise reports

Dean_6984161
Dean_6984161 Member Posts: 3

Í am using Personal Plus 2013.

I have a couple of budget reports set up that work based on "Budgeted only" categories. I want to customise these reports to include "Non-zero Actual/Budgeted" categories but every time I try to do this Reckon crashes and I have to force closure of the program. I also have the same problem if I try to use the "Include all" option.  

Does anybody have any idea how to deal with this? Its very frustrating when you cant run a report that identifies expenditure in a category that has no budget allocated to it.

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Dean, welcome to the Community. It sounds like there maybe a corruption somewhere in the data, which the report/s is/are trying to access. To check for this try to open up a sample file and see if the  crash occurs when running same report/s. Thanks, Mirko.
  • Dean_6984161
    edited July 2014

Thanks Mirko.

I have opened a sample file and everything runs fine.

The next question is how do I establish if my data is corrupted and if so, how do I fix it?

I have followed all the options listed under "Troubleshoot a damaged ReckonAccounts data file" from the ReckonAccounts Help Tab and none of these have fixed the problem.

Approximately 2 months ago I upgraded from Quicken 2002 personal - I'm sure if this has anything to do with my problems.

Any thoughts on what to do next?

Thank, Dean.

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Dean, if only your data file crashes its safe to say the file is corrupt. I would first try to make a backup (in case anything goes wrong you have a copy to go back to) and super validate the (original) data file (How to supervalidate). Once you do that, try to re run the report. Let me know how this goes!

• Dean_6984161
    edited July 2014

Hi Mirko,

I ran the supervalidation process and it didn't identify any problems with my data file. However, I still have the same problem when I try to run the report - Reckon just freezes ("not responding") and I eventually just have to force closure of the program and restart it.

Any other thoughts?

Dean.