EoFY Checklist including Payment Summaries and Empdupe file

Dee Burgin_6949616
Dee Burgin_6949616 Member Posts: 4
edited June 2018 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
Is there a link you can send me on the step by step process of doing the Payment Summaries and Empdupe file at the end of the Financial Year please ??

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hi Dee, welcome to the Reckon Community & thank you for your post. I've located this article which runs through EOFY steps inclusive of EmpDupe process: http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4155

Hope it helps.

Mirko

• Dee Burgin_6949616
    Dee Burgin_6949616 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2014
    Thank you for the prompt reply. And the link will help enormously ..... happy EOFY !!!
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    You're welcome Dee. It will be a good one when it's all over ;) Hope all goes smoothly for you!
  • Michelle_6954083
    Michelle_6954083 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2015
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Group Certificates. I'm preparing to print my Group Certificates and realized that not all the employees have pulled through has this happened to any Thanks
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Michelle, please run through this EOFY Checklist and see if that resolves the problem. Thanks, Mirko
  • Michelle_6954083
    edited February 2015
    Thank you that was a quick resolve had to set the printing of payslips to both.
  • Phil_6945793
    Phil_6945793 Member Posts: 9
    edited January 2015

Thanks Mirko for the link to  http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=4155 . It is quite helpful even though it applies to QuickBooks and not Payroll Premier.

We have a complicated pay rate structure so need software with more grunt so use Payroll Premier. However, we also have the issue of no payment summaries being generated for employees with zero tax deducted for the financial year. I can't fathom why Reckon haven't addressed this issue as it's over 5 years old now!! A payment summary should be generated for all employees regardless of wether they have had tax deducted or not. What if they have 2 jobs and the aggregate of the two jobs, with unrelated employers, requires them to pay tax ? To require Payroll Premier users to add $0.01 to one pays tax and then to have to take it out is not a fun task, especially for 5 years. And this year we have the added complexity that when you do add the one cent, the GROSS changes?????? There is a bug in the way it originally calculated the pay at the time and when you go to edit it for the tax, it corrects the bug. Come on Reckon - fix this (it is the year 2014 and we put a man on the moon in 1969 with a computer with less grunt than a current mobile phone!!) 

• Phil_6945793
    edited January 2015
    This is the error with the gross. This should be a Total Gross of $71.08 image?
  • George Tsalacopoulos
    George Tsalacopoulos Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PAYG payment summaries do not match yearly pays report. I am preparing PAYG payment summaries (INB) the same as every year for the last 10. This time the payment summaries do not match the totals (gross/tax etc) in the yearly pays report. The yearly pays report is correct. In compiling the PAYG summaries, the software has added an extra weeks wages for each employee. Any help would be appreciated please.
  • Phil_6945793
    edited January 2015
    Hi George, Be careful here. Don't know if this helps but according to what I can ascertain, the ATO works on PAID DATE for Payment Summaries, not Period End Date. When running Payment Summaries you should change the 'Preference', 'Printing' to 'Date Paid'. So if a pay ended prior to 30 June but was paid on or after 1 July then that pay will not be included in 2013 Payment Summaries. When you run all yearly reports, be they yearly pays report or payment summaries they all should then match. 
  • Waratah Golf Club
    Waratah Golf Club Member Posts: 4
    edited July 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled EmpDupe File. I am in the process of completing our payment summaries but can not create the EmpDupe file.

I am following the instructions;
    Choose Reports menu > Payment Summaries > Create EmpDupe file for ATO

I get through the first two steps but it doesn't offer me an option to create the file?

Can anyone help please?
  • Erika De Nobrega
    Erika De Nobrega Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled UNABLE TO PRINT PAYMENT SUMMARIES. KEEP ASKING ME TO ENTER COMPANY LEGAL ADDRESS EVEN THOUGH IT HAS BEEN ENTERED???
  • Phil_6945793
    edited January 2015
    Hi Erika and Others

Please specify what system you are running and what version - Payroll Premier/Quickbooks??

Impossible to help unless that info is present on chats

• Pancho's Dust
    Pancho's Dust Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2015
    I have two errors on an EmpDupe file submitted to the ATO.

Reason Code:  VR04                      Total errors:    1
    The field must not contain blanks or non numeric characters.

Reason Code:  VR34                      Total errors:    1
    The Payer Australian business number or Withholding payer number field contains an Australian business number therefore the Branch number field must be within the range of '001-999'.

Where in Reckon accounts can I enter the correct details? Or. Any other suggestions.

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
  • Pancho's Dust
    edited July 2014
    Thanks, it directs me to where i can edit company information, however, the reason code vr04 States "The field must not contain blanks or non numeric characters." It does not say which field. If I remove the spaces in my ABN, Reckon automatically puts them back.
    Reason code vr34 states that a branch number is required but I cannot see where to enter that in Reckon accounts.

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Pancho, do any company records or employee have character details like '&'?

Branch number, try adding 001 to the right of your ABN number as per the screenshot by Graham in that thread.

Keen to hear how you go.
  • Pancho's Dust
    edited July 2014
    After speaking to the ATO I have been informed that error code vr04 pertains to non numeric characters in the payees income amount. After checking the printed version I can see no non-numeric characters.
    Error code vr34 pertains to the missing 3 digit branch number. I can see nowhere in Company>Company Information to enter this.
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    3 digit branch number goes to the right of the Tax Rego ID.image

Re: VR04 I'll ask one of our techs if there is anything else that could contribute.
    -Mirko
    ?
  • Pancho's Dust
    edited July 2014
    Bingo! After adding the branch code where I had ABN entered I created an new EmpDupe file and it was successfully lodged. Thanks

• Jason Jiao
    Jason Jiao Alumni Posts: 29
    edited July 2015
    Hi Pancho, 

VR04 might be caused by the Branch number as well, because it shifts characters to the incorrect data field as a result. Just enter the 3 digit branch number and validate the file again.

Let us know if you still encounter the error message.

Thanks
    Jason?
  • Pancho's Dust
    edited July 2014
    Makes sense, as all I did was add branch number and all was well.
  • jessica_6902150
    jessica_6902150 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2014
    Hi
    I have problem with exporting Empdule file from reckon. I just have 2 options to save to file to B or Q drive?

How do I copy to other location?
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Hey Jessica, you'd need to save it to your Q drive. Once it is saved you can download it to your local drive. If you haven't used the feature yet, we have a video on how upload/download works. ^mirko

• jessica_6902150
    jessica_6902150 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2014
    Hi MirKo!

It is very helpful!!!!
    Thank you! 
  • Michelle_6954083
    edited February 2015
    Hi I may be missing something and need to submit the EMPUDUPE file and the help says to go to Employee Menu click Process Payment Summaries and the click ATO Magnetic Media please help.
  • Michelle_6954083
    edited February 2015
    Please disregard my inquiry .. Thank you ?
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Seeing as it's the end of the 14/15 FY, it might be time to bump this thread up to help some of our newer community members! ^Mirko.
  • Trevor Watson
    Trevor Watson Member Posts: 61
    edited November 2015
    And older members too Mirko :)
  • Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Trevor, of course. It might even be a good one for all members to bookmark somewhere! :D
  • Trevor Watson
    Trevor Watson Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2015

One thing to note is the location of the saved empdupe file has changed.

It is now

C:> ProgramData > Reckon > Reckon Accounts 2015 > edition & flavour 20xx > filename > Export Files > EMPDUPE Files > EmpDupe.txt

Would be nice if you could update the kb article with this info.

• Mirko
    edited November 2015
    Great point Trev, I'll raise this with the team that looks after KBs.
  • Lilia Sorban
    Lilia Sorban Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2015
    HI

I have discrepancies between Payroll summary report and total of all group certificates. There is difference of $4, because of rounding cents. Is there any possibility to fix it. Please help.

Many thanks
  • Carla Biacchessi
    Carla Biacchessi Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2015
    Hi Mirko
    I have prnted and payment summaries and reports much perfectly but I am trying to save paymentimage summaries via electronic file in order to lodge electronically to the ATO but it is giving me an error such as:
    ---------------------------
    Error Copying File or Folder
    Cannot create or replace ABAPages: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

OK  

and also another one when I click ok such as:
    There is a problem with the auregfind file
    Failed to load auregfind
    Error, line 0, reason: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

OK  

Are you able to help as I have been looking for a solutions and I seem not able to find it.
    Thank you
    Carla
  • Kathy Mackinlay_6947388
    Kathy Mackinlay_6947388 Member Posts: 141
    edited July 2015
    Have you checked that you have all the employees TFN in correctly and the business details in company information are correct. I had a similar problem last year and it was as simple as checking the data. Good luck