Why doesn't Personal Plus 2013 remember the last account I used?

Ian Higson
Ian Higson Member Posts: 1

Every time I start Personal Plus 2013 I am asked wether I am New to Reckon Accounts or wether I am a New User.

Has any one solved this problem? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program with no change.

Comments

• Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2019
    Hi Ian,

Thank you for your post in the community.

Below KB article should help you with this. 
    http://kb.reckon.com.au/issue_view.asp?ID=2768

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

Ifti
  • Neil Donaldson_7013818
    Neil Donaldson_7013818 Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2019
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Personal Plus 2013 AND Home Inventory. I have operated with Personal Plus for several years and have recently upgraded my PC to a Win 8.1 operating with a 64 bit OS (previously Win 7 with 32 Bit OS).  I have loaded the Personal Plus and Home Inventory successfully using the 2013 disk but that is where the success stops.

Personal Plus 2013 - I have restored the data with the most recent backup and it loaded, HOWEVER, when I close the program and seek to reopen it, I get a "Welcome to ReckonAccounts" asking me if I am a new user or an existing user. When I select the existing user button I have to again restore the backup.  This happens time and time again.  The software is not recognising the previously installed backup. What do I need to do to resolve this issue??

Home Inventory - when I restore the last backup file there is nothing there - no previous data is displayed. the .qhi file name is displayed in the top header line, but no data!!  What can be done to resolve this issue?
  • Neil Donaldson_7013818
    edited December 2015
    Thanks - problem now has been solved
  • Ifti
    Ifti Reckon Staff Posts: 258 Reckon Staff
    edited December 2016
    Hi Neil,
    Thank you for informing us.

Can you please let us know how you resolved the issue? That will help our other customers with similar problem.

Thanks

Ifti
  • Neil Donaldson_7013818
    edited December 2015
    Basically - the backup file names can get very long and apparently this can "upset" the system when you try to restore a file. I simply renamed the file to a short (6 character) name and then tried again to restore - this time the information remained when the program was closed and then reopened. Perhaps the file name protocols in the program should be altered to reduce file name length.