Is Reckon Account Personal Plus 2013 compatible with 64 bit Windows 8.1

Steven Vas
Steven Vas Member Posts: 10
Since updating to 64 bit Windows 8.1 I can only move between accounts to update details twice after which Reckon Account Personal Plus 2013 hangs up. I have to close the program and restart before I can continue. Is the program compatible with 64 bit Windows 8.1?

Comments

• John G
    John G Reckon Staff Posts: 1,570 Reckon Staff
    edited February 2017
    Hi Steven,

Welcome to the Reckon Community.

Windows 8.1 was released after Accounts Personal Plus 2013, so there may be some inconsistencies between the two.  That it operates on Windows 8 is a good start for 8.1.

Try this tweak:  right-click your RA Personal Plus icon > Properties > Compatibility, and tick the box Run this program as an Administrator.   

If you continue experiencing problems, then uninstall RA Personal Plus 2013 and re-install using the special install programme ISSetup.exe which you'll find in the root directory of the disk.

regards,
    John

• Lindsay Graham
    Lindsay Graham Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2015
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken 2008 on Windows 8.1. I have Quicken Personal Plus 2008 (Australia) on my home desktop computer (Vista 32-bit) and, when travelling, on my netbook (Windows XP).  Ever since I started using Vista, Quicken fails to open about 50% of the time (the error message indicates a fatal error, and I have to close and reopen).  For the other 50%, Quicken opens at a screen that asks me whether I'm a new or experienced user, then a screen asking whether I want to open an existing file, then the screen asking me to select the file I want, and finally a password request.

When I open on the netbook on Windows XP, none of that happens and Quicken takes me straight (bypassing the password request) to my default file.  Why won't Quicken behave in the same way in Vista?

I now have a Windows 8.1 (64-bit) laptop to replace the 2 existing computers.  Will QPP 2008 run OK on Win 8.1 and will the Vista problem described above fix itself at last?
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Lindsay, the 2015 Accounts Personal range due out tomorrow will be the first which is compatible with win8.1.

It sounds like most issues stem from using OS's which are newer than the software. It would be advisable to update once the new version is available.
  • Lindsay Graham
    Lindsay Graham Member Posts: 12
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for the reply, Mirko.  Any thoughts on my first question about the strange opening behaviour on Vista?

I'm perfectly happy with QPP 2008 and am very reluctant to update.  Does Reckon not release any fixes to ensure compatibility between earlier Quicken versions and current operating systems?

Would John's suggestions above about tweaking and re-installation be relevant to QPP 2008?
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Lindsay,

I'd try compatibility mode, it does the trick for many issues. Our products are developed to be compatible with the latest operating system available at the time of production. There is this post which relates to newer OS's: https://community.reckon.com.au/reckon/topics/7ixruj6aag7ax