Please help with set-up of payroll in Accounts 2014

Cell
Cell Member Posts: 1
edited January 2020 in Reckon Accounts (Desktop)
I am trying to set up leave entitlements Reckon Accounts Premier 2014. I have found a  help sheet for LSL through the community (http://library.reckon.com.au/library/pdf/Long_Service_Leave_in_QuickBooks.pdf) and was wondering if there is something similar for holiday and personal leave?

We have salaried employees and those who are paid by the hour and I would like any information regarding the best way to accurately set-up payroll for both.

Thanks in adance for your help.

Comments

• Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant
    Sally McIntosh, Accredited Consultant Accredited Partner Posts: 468 Accredited Partner Accredited Partner
    edited February 2017

Hi Cell,

I actually have a document which might help you.

Please feel free to email me directly.

Kind regards,

Sally McIntosh (sally@samsolutions.com.au)

• Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    It's a bit long winded to write down here, if you want to give me a call on 02 66834083, I can run you through most of it
  • Charley
    Charley Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020

Ah Sally, good you've got a document, I've got a pile but I've got to sort them and find them :-)

• sertrans1@bigpond.com
    sertrans1@bigpond.com Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2015
    Employee list, choose employee - edit employee, change tabs to compensation and payroll info, find leave details button on lower right of screen.  Enter entitlements as per each employee.  Bev Brickwood
  • Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    The accrual % doesn't change if it's based on 4 weeks. Same with personal leave of two weeks Annual is 7.6923 percent. Personal leave is half thus. Some awards have more than four weeks annual leave so you take the number of weeks and divide it by 52. Too easy
  • sertrans1@bigpond.com
    sertrans1@bigpond.com Member Posts: 14
    edited April 2015
    For employees on hourly wages, convert annual leave to hours ie; 4 weeks is 4 x 38 hours divided by 52 weeks is 2.923 hours accrued each week.  Personal leave is 10 days by 7.6 hours divided by 52 weeks which is 1.462 hours accrued each week.  The award we work to is a 38 hour week which is a 7.6 hour day over 5 days.  Bev Brickwood
  • Kevin V. Russell
    Kevin V. Russell Member Posts: 265
    edited June 2015
    Yeah Bev it's still 7.6923 percent. It just mathematics really. Nothing complicated. Cherrs