Reckon accounts Personal Plus 2015

Options
David_7125412
David_7125412 Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
I have upgraded to Reckon Personal Plus 2015 and there appears to be an issue when transferring from one account to another.
I believe it is something to do with the currency converter functionality as this also happened at the last upgrade to 2013 however I dont have the response on how to fix the problem.
Can you please assist.

David

Comments

• Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey David, welcome the Community and thanks for your post.

Going by the keywords in your post I was able to find this help article. If this is not relating to the same issue, please provide a little information about what issue you run into relating to currency.

Cheers,
    Mirko
  • David_7125412
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hi Mirko
    Different problem - the problem I have is detailed in Help article ID4795 and I had the same issue a couple of years ago when updating to Reckon Accounts Personal Plus 2013.
    The same has happened again with the 2015 upgrade and the solutions advised in the post don't correct the problem.  The same as last time.
    In that case your technical support finally corrected the issue after I persisted at great expense  ($4.90/minute for over an hour).
    There must be an easier fix that you can help me with.
    Regards David

• David_7125412
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Albert,

I totally agree.  All other software providers would do this without hesitation. . I do not see why this should be such an issue.  I have received an email from the "Technical Support" with the advise to look at Article 4795  ??  And if that doesn't work call the technical support for a fee of $4.90 per minute
    Albert, have you managed to solve the problem as yet?

Mirko - what are your thoughts about this?
    Reinstalling just doesn't work - even with a clean uninstall and all the other reinstall options - Issetup.exe, running as administrator. etc etc.
    Please please offer some assistance or a patch.
  • David_7125412
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Mirko,
    I have finally solved the problem after several Uninstalls and re-installs.
    Do you know what caused this issue as it would appear that I am not the only one with this issue.
    I am hoping Reckon sort it out before the next upgrade.
    I would suggest there are some incompatible issues between Reckon Accounts Personal Plus and Windows 7.
    Regards
    David
  • David_7125412
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi Albert,

Did you solve the issue - It took me several Uninstalls and Re-installs to finally get it.
    Cheers David
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,256 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    There could have been remnants of the software still in the registry causing a problem. Software like revouninstaller which is a comprehensive uninstaller is a good product to use to ensure all remnants of a program are removed (even from the back end). I'll pass on your feedback to our Developers for consideration in future releases.
  • David_7125412
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanks Mirko
    I have been using Personal Plus for a very long time 15+ years and it is only since Windows 7 that this issue has been occurring.  Upgrading your product is something I do not look forward to each October.  It is a bit of a nightmare.
    It all seems to be centered around the Currency.
    In principle I do not believe issues like these should be something we clients should be paying your technical support team to resolve.
    Thanks again for your input.
    Best Regards
    David
  • Lucas Vear
    Lucas Vear Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have experienced the same issue.  Unable to transfer between accounts post upgrading to 2015.  The Help line referred me to this community page.  
  • Inigo
    Inigo Member Posts: 193
    edited April 2015
    Options
    A fresh installation inside a virtual PC might solve the issue. Saves you doing so many un-install/re-install attempts.

The Reckon Accounts Personal program would technically be the only program installed inside that virtual Windows XP operating system.

You can install it in a virtual machine such as Windows XP Mode using VirtualBox, VMware, Parallels Desktop, etc

-IM