Transaction before "book start date"?

Lee_7149062
Lee_7149062 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2017 in Reckon One
Hi guys,

I'm trying to add journal entries into Reckon whoever the software won't let me enter "before book start date". Can you guys please let me know how I can enter the transactions? I need to enter them for the accountant.

Cheers
Lee

Comments

• Qwerty
    Qwerty Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2017
    Hi Lee,

The book start date is set during the book setup wizard. Once you have completed the book setup wizard the book start date & the financial year start date cannot be changed. 

I have included a screen shot below which shows you this step within the book setup wizard.

In your book, go to the 'Administration' menu, select 'General settings' & click 'About the book'.
    A message will appear informing you of the following information relating to your book:
    * the date the book was created
    * the book start date
    * the financial year start date specified for the book

If you have only just started with this book recently (e.g. the book has minimal data) & as per your accountants comments, require the book to start earlier than the start date that was configured, then I would suggest that you delete that book & setup another book with the applicable start date & re-enter the previous data as well as the historical data. 
  • Lee_7149062
    Lee_7149062 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    Thanks.

Do I have to pay for a new book?

Also can you please tell me how can I backup?

Cheers
  • Mirko
    Mirko Alumni Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Hey Lee, as Reckon One is a cloud product, there is no backup or import of data/backup files. The payments are set as per book, per month. If you give our Reckon One team a call on 1300 RKN ONE, they will be able to look into your options. From a purely technical point of view, starting with a new book it would require re-entering the data. Cost, it would be best to check with the Reckon One team on the number above. ^Mirko